Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galant front rotor dimensions

Hey,

Would anyone be able to grab some quick dimensions off of a galant front rotor for me?

ie: Distance from top of pot to rotor surfact, thickness of rotor, etc.

Thanks!

Nik

Just doing some really quick calculations it looks like the 240sx rotor would put the stock calipers very close to the center of the rotor, maybe only 1/8" past ... which means an 1/8" shim where the rotor mounts would pull the caliper towards the car enough to have it bang-on.

It's close enough that if my measurements were off just a touch, the caliper could sit naturally too close to the car, in which case no shimming can get it in the center of the rotor.

Comment

Go to the brembo site "aftermarmarket" ,"breco catalog".

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
        Go to the brembo site "aftermarmarket" ,"breco catalog".
        That's awesome thanks!

So if you compare the two, the 240sx rotor is thicker and sits about 2cm's closer to the engine of the car, which will hopefully put the stock GTX caliper right in the center of the rotor, or too far away from the engine ... hopefully a shim can get it perfect.

Just to clarify ... I'm not saying that this is a better idea than the galant brake upgrade, I just want to upgrade later on, but am currently changing my wheel bearings, and I'd like to have pot rotors.

Comment

Working...
        X