Clear All

2011 Olympus Rally (Washington)

2011 Olympus Rally
    Sanctioned by Rally America/RallyCar
    April 30th - May 1st

Round 3 of the Rally America National Championship
    Round 1 of the MaxAttack!™ Rally Series Presented by Danza del Sol Winery

http://www.olympusrally.com/

Competitor entry has opened for the 2011 Olympus Rally. The event is round three of the Rally America National Championship. This year, it is also the first round of the Max Attack rally series for two-wheel drive cars. The supporting regional rallies are rounds in the Pacific Northwest Regional Championship and the Rally America Northwest Regional Championship.

For the second year in a row, the Olympus Rally will be based out of Ocean Shores, Washington.

The rally will be run on (mostly) the same roads as last year. Tentative plans have reconnaissance on the Friday of the rally weekend, the southern stages (Brooklyn, Palix, Pico, Smith Creek) on Saturday and the northern stages (Crane Creek, Taholah, Wreck Creek) on Sunday. The finish will be in Ocean Shores.

If you are unable to run the rally and would like to come out and help, we are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers. It takes a lot of people to put on a rally and working a rally is usually the best way to see the action.

We look forward to seeing you at the rally!

Originally posted by MaxAttack!™
    Portland, OR (January 24, 2011) – After four successful years of bringing the best of two-wheel-drive rally action to the United States, the MaxAttack! Rally Series is pleased to announce that the series will yet again provide the most intense competition and the richest prize fund in North American two-wheel-drive rallying thanks to the continued support of the Danza del Sol Winery in Temecula Valley, California.
    Great Re-cap from last years running of Olympus Rally

Wanna volunteer? You get some great SWAG, hang out with the teams, and get the greatest spots to watch from!!!
    Click Me!!

On a personal note, if anyone from Oregon cares to go up there and wants to pitch on some fuel, I can make some room. I'll be up there myself from the 29th (maybe the 28th) to the 1st. May even split costs on a hotel if you get in touch with me quick enough. It's great stuff!!!! You're crazy to not check this out!

oh ya, did I mention it's free????!!!!
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."
Working...
X