Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the crank pulley from the Z5 and the BP the same???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the crank pulley from the Z5 and the BP the same???

the subject pretty much sums it up....

is the crank pulley from the Z5 the same as the one from the BP?

because unorthodoxracing makes an underdrive aluminum one...
    does anybody kno if this will work??

thanks
    -chris

Z5 has an entirely different pulley system, and no BP parts can be retro fitted or modified to fit. The only part you can swap is probably the dipstick.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

dammit

thanks...

Comment

Actually i believe it is is the same, based on my experience swapping my Z5 for a BP. The Z5 and BP have the basicly the same pulley system. Belts are the same for both, both use the same alternator, both use the same powersteering, both use the same AC, both have the same water pump pulley. I am willing to bet they are exactly the same, but i will check for sure for you this weekend.
        sigpic

Comment

LOL I just have to post again. Dude you say that no Z5 part can fit a BP? That is complete horse ****. An amazing amount of things can be swapped from one to the other. Ive swapped an ass load of my Z5 parts onto my BP. Obviously nothing internal works but basicly all of the external accessories bolt up to both of them.
          sigpic

Comment

KICK ASS!!!!!!!!
            thanks man, im gonna get the underdrive pulley next timing belt change!!

Comment

The pulley may work, But I don't think you NEED underdriver pulleies on your 1.5 ... Why don't you use the money towards getting the head ported or something, if you want to racey up the 1.5.

The intake manifolds are different, the maf's are different, the plugs on the block are different.
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                LOL I just have to post again. Dude you say that no Z5 part can fit a BP? That is complete horse ****. An amazing amount of things can be swapped from one to the other. Ive swapped an ass load of my Z5 parts onto my BP. Obviously nothing internal works but basicly all of the external accessories bolt up to both of them.
                External accessories aren't engine parts.
                Name the parts that you swapped from your z5 to your BP.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

im not trying to make my Z5 into a race engine
                  i am getting a BP, but i just rebuilt my Z5 head so im using it for the time being

and if i could get parts that will work on the bp when i get it (motor mounts, flywheel, pulley) then i could get the parts now and use it on the Z5

Comment

I say do it like this..
                    it's how I did it..

Just get the motor in your posession, then do a refreshening on it. You can change the head gasket, if needed, change the timing belt, change the water pump, change the thremostat. Then if you want a lightweight flywheel, you can get that and get a clutch for it. Then drop the engine in and make sure it starts and runs.

Once the motor is running, then you go from there.
                    bruce
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                      External accessories aren't engine parts.
                      Name the parts that you swapped from your z5 to your BP.
                      So crank pulleys are engine parts? Ok. Hah.
                      -alternator
                      -powersteering pump
                      -ac comp.
                      -egr
                      -tps
                      -water pump pulley
                      - countless other sensors rpm, oil pres, blah blah.

Do you actually think mazda would waste their time and money to make diffrent parts for each engine? Hell no! They do it as cheap as they can, which means using the same **** on whatever they possibly can.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                        So crank pulleys are engine parts? Ok. Hah.
                        -alternator
                        -powersteering pump
                        -ac comp.
                        -egr
                        -tps
                        -water pump pulley
                        - countless other sensors rpm, oil pres, blah blah.

Do you actually think mazda would waste their time and money to make diffrent parts for each engine? Hell no! They do it as cheap as they can, which means using the same **** on whatever they possibly can.
                        The first six are accessories, like was stated, I don't consider them "engine" parts. The others are subjective.

To me engine parts= crank, rods, pistons, cams, head, manifolds, block and so on. Anything that is necessary for the engine to run. Fuel, ignition parts and so on.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                          The first six are accessories, like was stated, I don't consider them "engine" parts. The others are subjective.

To me engine parts= crank, rods, pistons, cams, head, manifolds, block and so on. Anything that is necessary for the engine to run. Fuel, ignition parts and so on.
                          I see what youre saying but normally they are classified into internals and externals.
                          sigpic

Comment

you kno what bruce, the thing im kicking myself in the ass for... is repairing my Z5
                            that cost over 1000 canadian, and its running good now.... but i spent so much time and effort fixing it, thats the only reason i want to use it some

i was put in a tight spot with the Z5 cause i didnt have enough back then for a "full swap" but now we realized that the same clutch, flywheel, axles, and tranny are used

so really all i had to buy was an ecu, harness, motor, and a mount

but yea, i went the hard way around it.. spent too much money on it
                            now what do i do, pull out a the Z5 6 months after rebuilding the head.... if i could sell it for even a fraction of what it cost to repair, i would....

once again, i put myself into a ridiculous spot
                            i gotta figure my **** out i think....

Comment

I plan on buying the Underdrive Pulley for the Bp this week. Will i see much of a gain? How much does the stock pulley weigh? I can find the weight of the new one. I plan on getting da 1.8l by Mid April. So if I get this, i'll be ready to drop it.. well with some money to get my boy to put it in lol. And since everything from teh Z5 goes to the 1.8l, will my Underdrive pulley work on the Z5 until i get the motor? These are a few questions i got.
                              Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
                              X