window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window tint

my buddy sent me these pics of his new window tint on his mustang, but he had the tint done pro. how hard is it to do it your self and what brand makes the best tint???......
    thanx
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

If you've never done it or seen it done before, just pay a pro to do it. Trust me, you won't be happy, it's much more difficult than it looks.

Llumar, Johnson, 3M, Madico are all good brands.

Comment

I'm with MazdaRacer on this one. Have you ever seen guys with tint that bubble and peel? Chances are they did it themselves. Get a pro to do it, it's not too expensive and come with a warranty.

One other company that makes tint is Sunguard.
      2002 Blackmica P5
      CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

yes do it yourself, it is very hard to get out air bubbles and etc.... get a pro to do it
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

ill take your words on it......ever herd of limo tint???? any good?

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
            ill take your words on it......ever herd of limo tint???? any good?
            limo tint is not a brand name. the term refers to the percentage of the tint - 5%. it is illegal in many states to tint your front windows with 5% tint (5% meaning that only 5% of the light passes through).

Comment

cool...thanx for the info......i talked to the body shop man today and he said hed hook me up with free install if i bring him some tint :D:D:D

this any good?

More Information

Comment

Looks alright. I'm not sure if it's gonna last for a long time, there is no info on the manufacturer. I'd look for something made by Lumar or 3M. Also, it is 20% tint. How dark do you want your windows to be?

Comment

as dark as i can leagally have them unless some 1 can give me a good reasion to change my mind