Sup BF Dudes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup BF Dudes

Aight so dig it guys. i have an 88 mercury tracer in my mothers garage. its mine if i fix it. best i can tell i'll need to replace the engine. and its an automatic, so while im at it switch to a MANual as well.

im hoping you guys will confirm or shoot down my hope of a BP05 + 5spd project? what am i getting myself into?

Ohhh, also also...paintjob: Rhino Liner?
    Serenity's Dead.

A whole lot easier to drop in a B6T...1.6L Turbo from a Merc Capri XR-2. A straight forward BOLT IN swap. All parts are readily available and fairly cheap. No fabrication needed as would be with the BP. You will have plenty of power to get you into trouble and have a great sleeper.

Clay

Comment

^ what he said.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Yep... bolt in b6T... I did the swap in my old 88 323... Even the 5 speed swap is bolt in... I know my 323 I did the auto to 5 speed swap and as long as you have a parts car to steal the little bits and pieces from its a bolt in swap...

Comment

Blargh. Alright thats what i was thinking too. How hard is it to source a b6t these days?

ive been trying my damndest to find SOMEONE who has modded a tracer but i cant find ANYTHING. its got me excited about the project.
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Other Stuff i'd like to do as well:

Rear discs
            Struts and springs
            Strut bars
            Wheels (BBS's :fingerX
            Neon Green Shag Carpet (fabbed from a rug i saw at target =P its just retarded enough to be charming)
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Here it is as it stands

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Tracer is the same as a 323 except for the back end body panels.Just find a Capri XR-2 and get all you need or a no turbo model with an automatic tranny and just grab the motor (9.0:1 comp. ratio) and source the bolt on turbo parts.

Comment

A nice little n/a build would be alot less headache...
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Either way the same amount of work ...might as well just keep the B6 that is in there and drive it till it's dead if you are looking at it as a headache.

Comment

What is wrong with the motor....how many miles...those things are decent motors.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                        A whole lot easier to drop in a B6T...1.6L Turbo from a Merc Capri XR-2. A straight forward BOLT IN swap. All parts are readily available and fairly cheap. No fabrication needed as would be with the BP. You will have plenty of power to get you into trouble and have a great sleeper.

Clay
                        I agree with Clay!

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                          What is wrong with the motor....how many miles...those things are decent motors.
                          210K. head gasket went out. and then my mom went yardsale'n with it for about two hours. blowing smoke as she went. by the time she got home the thing sounded so awful. I guess what itll come down to is what i can source near me. which should prove interesting because utah sucks.
                          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Sounds like toast to me..Let me know what you will be needing..I have stuff and can get stuff and not that far away. There is an XR-2 at a local yard with a B6T and a tranny available now.
                            Clay

Comment

You could even look for a Miata 1.6L if you didn't mind not going boosted, but I would look really hard for a B6T. I'm sure there's one around. Tear it down, build it right so that even your mom couldn't blow it up! Then again, if she doesn't drive stick, you have nothing to worry about!

Comment

Working...
                              X