My BFMR and cabriolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BFMR and cabriolet

i bought my bfmr off an older guy who worked at a car parts store. he is the 2nd new zealand owner i am the 3rd. he had driven it to work and back every day for 14 years and one or 2 road trips that were no more than 2 hours each way. because he never boosted it the turbo craped out and he spent $1000 getting the turbo fix. (more than i paid for the car) he had the standard housing but the rest of the turbo is from a BG GTX
    had a cracked windscreen a leaking water pump and a bit of rust in the common places.
    gave it a good service, fixed it all up and got it on the road.
    the bfmr is just my daily driver for now im slowly buying original parts that are missing like the center console glove box thing. im also putting factory option cruise control in it. i have all the parts minus the turbo cruise control actuator and cruise control indicator stalk that has all the functions on it.

then got offered the cabriolet from a customer at work for scrap metal value. i took it and when i turned up i was surprised to find it had a preface lift "Dohc turbo" front end on it with the twin head lights and bump on the bonnet. so that was a added bonus. but the rood is wreaked its running the B6 dohc motor.
    the doors are quite bad with rust so i got 2 new doors for it rust free. but they are navy blue haha.
    bfmr pics

since photos it has been lowered and the mags off the cab have been put on the bfmr

Last edited by letard; 03-22-2011, 03:44 AM.
    Current Black 1992 GTR restoration project
    Red 1992 GTR club car /resto project (on hold)
    Ex Black 1993 GTR
    Ex 1986 bfmr (GTX) two tone white over grey

oh no you finally found this site leigh haha . your bf is soo mint

etude ftw!

Comment

i have been registerd since i first got it but never posted lol.
      its got a bit to much gravel rash on the pant but part from that its good,
      and a few minor dings but hey its 25 years old oh and the drivers side grey strip around the window is faded too
      Current Black 1992 GTR restoration project
      Red 1992 GTR club car /resto project (on hold)
      Ex Black 1993 GTR
      Ex 1986 bfmr (GTX) two tone white over grey

Comment

Working...
      X