Tino's 94 Pro LX Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tino's 94 Pro LX Worklog

So Im not gonna keep the 93 EGT, Ive already began to part it, but I STILL need a DD especially with outrageous gas prices coming this summer.

A few months back my buddy needed a car and I found him a 94 Pro LX 5spd in good condition aside from one fender and the grille. In the time he had it he bent a TTL, smashed the OTHER fender, and recently, popped the diff.

He called me and said "The protege's dead, if u want it go get it off the side of the road and its urs." Having driven the car plenty of times, and knowing it was solid (no strut tower rust, minimal rocker rust) I got it towed last night.

Car has 206k, but runs awesome, no burning oil, no leaks, shifted great, 90% clean interior. Being an LX I'd have liked a sunroof but of course it doesnt have one.

Ive compiled a list so far, and its not too bad being that I have more than half of the parts:

Needs::

Diff (have)
    Exhaust Leak @ mani
    Front brakes
    Fenders
    Grille
    Rims (2 zx2 wheels and 2 no names on it)
    Radio
    Head Rests
    Driver side window regulator
    PS Headlight(broken bracket)
    Rear sway bar links

On to the pics, the work will start next weekend.

This side has the fender that was hit when he got it: Dont mind the back window, some kids thought it'd be funny to draw on the car... lil fkers

Engine is pretty clean

The Bad fender:

So essentially, the car is pretty clean from the fenders back lol more pics to come later, but overall, the plan/goal is: CLEAN Daily driver, with A/C, slight drop, and maybe a couple JDM Exterior parts, Later on if I get bored, I'll KL it lol.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

one of my favourite colors! should be a nice car in the end thought, doesn't need a lot of work for a free car haha.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i have the ps headlight and a gtx grill for you. don't forget to hit up jeff he has that piece you need.
      oh i have the headrest and radio too.
      Last edited by Kris; 03-27-2011, 10:06 PM.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

seats are tan wat color are ur headrests.. and i might do mirage lights on it not sure...

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
        MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Working...
        X