turbospoolins capri to 323 b6t swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbospoolins capri to 323 b6t swap

hello folks, i am starting my swap from my capri that i have owned for almost 5 years now, i finally found a good 323 car and i actually drive it on a daily basis, so first i am going to post some pics of the diff out of my g series trans that i am experimenting with, "the 6 gear diff" i think kia has these stock on some models but i made my own lol so here it is more pics will come and if anybody has any input on this swap to help me feel free
    Attached Files
    Last edited by turbospoolin; 03-31-2011, 06:18 AM. Reason: misspelling
    schmlick blang

Good luck with the build. So you're trying to make it a 6spd?
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Making it a 6-speed by modifying the diff? Please explain.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

no not 6spd a 6 gear diff for more strength not 6 gears as in 6 spd lol look at the pics top is a normal diff and the bottom is with the added 2 extra spider gears(one on each side) i have blown 5 diffs in the capri because i was running to much boost they would last about a month or so the boom!! lol roll back time! lol the pics are not the completed diff,i put plates on the shafts that are sticking out on each side of the diff to hold the shafts more steady but they are also welded to the other shaft on the inside,once you do this its permanent,no taking it apart lol i just got tired of blowing diffs and this i hope will be a permanent fix, so if it blows again thsi diff will be trashed and start over again
        Last edited by turbospoolin; 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM.
        schmlick blang

Comment

The diffs blow from too many one-wheel wonders. Burnouts are hell on them. The diff holds up fine to high boost.
          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Just weld the diff pin.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

Early 5spd Ford Escapes with the 2.0 Zetec had the 4 spider differentials, or 6 gear as u call it.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
              MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

yep you are exactly right the spider shaft get over heated by the one small gear spinning on it and then galds to it then causing the entire shaft to rotate snapping the roll pin and then ultimately shooting the shaft through the trans case yep crap situation lol but dam i loved burn outs but i never really tried to on purpose the dang thing would spin at the touch of the throttle, but i had fun anyway lol 24psi didnt help it any tho lol
                Last edited by turbospoolin; 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM.
                schmlick blang

Comment

its all welded lol i tried just welding the diff pin once before but it broke loose
                  Last edited by turbospoolin; 03-31-2011, 06:27 PM. Reason: misspelling
                  schmlick blang

Comment

more pics the 323 and the capri

Some pics of what i am working with the black plug is what im concerned with it will plug into the 323 but the wire locations are different and the capri side has more wires. even tho dirty the capri engine runs very well no smoke no tics or pecks has 112,000 miles,thinking about using the tdo5h turbo,the stock one is in perfect condition,nothing wrong with it.do need some help with the harnesses 91 capri to 86 323,both fuel injected
                    Attached Files
                    schmlick blang

Comment

UPDATE!!! hey guys the turbo 323 lives!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have finally got the swap almost done!!! i did decide to go with the stock turbo seeing that it did work fantasticlly and with the 323 being a wwaayy lighter car, i shouldnt need to turn the boost up as high as i did when the engine was in the heavier capri. but yes the actual install was super easy didnt take but about 20 mins lol, here are some pics as of now,[IMG][/IMG]

schmlick blang

Comment

Congrats on the progress. Is that the stock Capri intercooler?
                        sigpic
                        1992 Familia GT-X
                        1988 323 GTX
                        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

yea its the stock capri cooler, but it seems to do the job tho, i am one day gonna put a front mount on it and put a 16g charger on it
                          schmlick blang

Comment

please tell me you have more completed pictures of the diff......
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                              please tell me you have more completed pictures of the diff......
                              sorry i didnt get anymore but its all together now and in the car i will be testing it very soon so i will let you all know how it does, i am gonna be a lil hard on it to see it if will hold up,if not, back to the drawing board....lol by the way i am having a problem with the car running, as far as it starting and idling its perfect,but it will not rev above about 2500rpm???? but if you slightly rev it right where it shuts out,then turn the car off then back on real quick it will rev up,but then it dies out back down to reving up to 2500 again????? kinda like a rev limiter but at 2500rpms or so???????? other than that i am about done with it,just put in axles and clean everything up......... its not cuting the ignition,its cutting the injectors out. almost like the factory over boost cut system may be malfunctioning???????????? but i have checked all of that, what else could cause this??? it runs so good otherwise. and the engine didnt do this in the capri. i used the harness from the capri to except the dash harness, i used the ecu harness
                              Last edited by turbospoolin; 06-07-2011, 01:29 AM. Reason: added more
                              schmlick blang

Comment

Working...
                              X