How is the deloom look done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the deloom look done?

I would love to do the wire tucking mod, however i am not sure as to where to begin. All input towards this mod will b greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mazkam; 04-20-2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: Incorrect term

took me a bit to figure out what you meant by "deloom look". English is such a bastardized language!

Lots of times it's called "wire tucking" and can involve soldering/lengthening the wires in the engine harness so you can route them out of sight for a "cleaner" looking engine bay.

There's lots of ways to do it, it just depends on what you're comfortable with. I highly recommend paying close attention to where heat, oil, and moving parts can damage wiring if not protected properly.

good luck!

Comment

When it comes to this sort of thing go online and start reading, a lot! It all depends on how much you want gone/moved and how clean you want the engine bay to look. I know of people hiding everything so you literally only see 4 spark-plug wires and filling all the unused holes in the engine bay, it's ridiculously cool looking. So just depending on the skill, knowledge and will you have will determine the outcome. But goodluck with it, some members here have done it and maybe they'll chime in with some pictures, or you could simply search for wire tucking here.
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Thanks SgtRauksauff & tehstocker99 for informing me of the correct term.

Comment

Here. Have a link that will tell you what you need to know, as well as show you how to do things, and where to get parts you'd have never thought about on the subject.

(Did you know you can get color-matched bolts/nuts/washers?)

Honda / Acura - ♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠ - This is an informational thread. We try to stay on topic and discuss anything engine bay related. This post has reference info at the bottom to make everyones life easier. If you have any info you'd like to contribute, feel free to...

Comment

I havent done my fusebox or battery relocation yet but you get the idea:

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
            MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Originally posted by CaymenEGT91 View Post
              I havent done my fusebox or battery relocation yet but you get the idea:
              From the look of it, i see that this is going to be a time consuming project ahead of me. What was the down time on such a project CaymenEGT91?

Comment

this took me about 2 days

Comment

mine personally took about an hour.. no cutting of any wires. Honestly just rerouted the harness.its all basically under the intake manifold.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                  MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Nice..... I luv both these setups.

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                      this took me about 2 days

Where did u place the fuse box?

Comment

dont cut any wires. just remove all the electrical tape, and wire loom. then re-run the lengths of wire out of sight under the intake manifold, and so on. run the injector plugs up between the intake runner's.

just take your time to figure out what needs to go where. once you have that figured out. re-wrap all the wiring so it's not all hanging loose and crappy looking. lol. i just re-use the stock wiring loom.

take a look at Piles mx3 project thread. his is one of the best ive seen done. he even went as far to relocate his fuse box under his headlight out of sight. lol
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

My chassis harness and fuse box is sitting under the megasquirt and megasquirt is sitting under the radio. I have a completly seperate engine harness from the chassis harness.

Comment

Working...
                          X