civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civic

today me and my friend were driving around and we see the bright yellow civic hatch back with a body kit and temporary plates. when we got closer we saw that it had a one red fender and only 3 matching rims... i thought that was kind of funny so i pulled up next to it and i see that its loaded with gauges and stuff. then the the passenger was like you wanna race??? it was rush hour so i didnt think that was a good idea so we turned off into a parking lot and he followed. he got out and asked if we wanted to race... i was like too much traffic and he was like we can go on the highway, then he was like how about for some $$$ then i was like nah thats ok. then we were talking and i asked him what it ran in the 1/4 mile and he said in the 10's without using his nos and in the 8's with the nos. sounds like bs to me.. what do you guys think?

How did it idle..
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i don't think nos would help get a 10 second car into the 8second range that easily. i smell b.s.,
      Almost there

jdm tails... check
      jdm bumper... check
      ms lip... check
      ms grill... check
      ms sideskirts... check
      ms rear skirts... check
      ms spoiler... check
      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

i dunno if 10's or 8's but i no civics can pull crazy numbers
        1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

What generation civic???

sounds like a cobbel job to me... most civics are unless they are custom built.

after roughly 250whp the frames start twisting on the 4th gens.... can't say for sure on anything newer... id assume not much more as they got newer... unless they were planning on swapping body's on the civics or have hella extra bracing to keep the car frame straight.... i don't think they are gonna be pulling 10's or 8's...
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

can you name a few cars that run 8's?

Comment

Was it boosted? That would account for some of the gauges. Iv'e seen a boosted, beat looking, yellow civic up at the N.E. Dragway. I cant remember if it had a red fender though. the interior was gutted, no back seat. He was pretty quick. Running low 14s, but not 10s or 8s
              " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
              Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
              Painted calipers
              Injen CAI
              Custom exhaust
              Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

it idled quietly, when he got on the gas it sounded like a lawnmower. i thought he said it was turboed but my friend said he said no. it wasnt gutted because there was someone riding in the back seat.

it kind of looked like this except bright yellow and a little beat up...

Comment

the fastest civic ive seen was a boosted dohc vtec in a hatcback, guy was running hella boost, running on slicks, headlight taken out and all, and a 40 shot of nos, and he ran a 13.6. After talking to him, he said he could have made it faster but it was way to hard on the car...8 seconds, bs.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

no street driven honda can run 8s. Its just not gonna happen. The guy was bs'ing all the way. And he must have been running a really big shot of nitrous to give him 2 extra seconds. One of my old instructors at Automotive class in highschool had a 67 chevelle with a build 540 and nitrous, he ran 9s without nitrous, and 8s with nitrous. And he was running a 150 shot. GOOD GOD THAT CAR WAS FAST!
                    Eat ****.

Comment

Street hondas , especially civics arent gonna run 8's ... 10's are beleiveable my friend has a 4door integra with the a dohc b18 vtec motor (the gsr motor) and he is running low 13's with just an intake, exhaust, header and chip and that car is a lot heavier than a hatch ... i have only seen one around town thats really fast and it runs an 11.01 with full interior ... and just to talk about the idling thing ... both cars i just talked about idle like your everyday car ... so you cant tell from that.

Comment

my belief level is very low at this point. You guys down there must have special gas, because the honda guys up here are having to turbo there b18s to get low 13's, and that after header, chips, intake and exhaust.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i retract: maybe it is possible, for maybe high thirteens, at least up in these parts, especially a gsr motor,

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by dylan
                            it idled quietly, when he got on the gas it sounded like a lawnmower. i thought he said it was turboed but my friend said he said no. it wasnt gutted because there was someone riding in the back seat.

it kind of looked like this except bright yellow and a little beat up...
                            http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/cybrgu...es/hatch15.jpg
                            I call BS .. I can't see a car running 8's unless it had a huge turbo with a big ass intercooler in the front...
                            or
                            extensive engine work to do it NA .. In witch case the car would idle like **** ...
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ok so bs it is! another reason i didnt think it was true because he said he only paid $5000 for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X