fun in the snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fun in the snow

yeah today it snowed some more and i took my moms 318i out and went drifting, god do i miss my 320i...................:-( man I wish i had RWD again but that doesnt really matter now i guess that i have a great fwd platform to build off of for autoX. only problem is that horrible fwd understeer!!!
    Last edited by BMW ///MPOWER; 02-11-2004, 10:40 PM.

hehe yeh all the Ames in maine closed a while back and me and 4 other cars where doing tons of stuff in the parking lot seeing how it abandoned(sp). it's always fun ripping the E-brake going 60mph. even funner when i hit 90 then hit glare ice out on the river ) can't wait till next winter when i have a spare set of tires that are almost completely bald. and to keep on topic... doing 360's on glare ice doesnt mess up the alignment would it.. hehe
    ~Tom
    ------------
    Alpine Head Unit
    Sony Explod 6x8's & 6x9's
    Audiobahn AWP212T 12" Subs
    Audiobahn A8000T Amp
    Audiobahn Chrome 1 Farad Cap
    17" Rims 205/40/17 Tires

Comment

lucky ass man. I couldnt drift in snow cuz well Florida doesnt get much of that you know. If we did, my body kit wouldnt be fond of it. I hope ou had fun. Dont get too crazy though
      My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
        yeah today it snowed some more and i took my moms 318i out and went drifting, god do i miss my 320i...................:-( man I wish i had RWD again but that doesnt really matter now i guess that i have a great fwd platform to build off of for autoX. only problem is that horrible fwd understeer!!!
        proteges don't understeer badly at all in oem condition....and modifying them will help out quite a bit.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I wish I could say that I miss the BMW I used to have...

Comment

Hee hee! Rain would be just as fun to drift in i imagine! I taught myself to use the ebrake in the rain and was pulling off 180's pretty well straight away... Only downside was washing my nice white + brown speckled paint job the next day :D

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
              proteges don't understeer badly at all in oem condition....and modifying them will help out quite a bit.
              Haha, driving the WRX is understeer galore. Maybe it's those RE92 tires.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Vultz
                Hee hee! Rain would be just as fun to drift in i imagine! I taught myself to use the ebrake in the rain and was pulling off 180's pretty well straight away... Only downside was washing my nice white + brown speckled paint job the next day :D
                trust me... rain and snow aren't alike..
                snow is WAY more fun.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I never had a problem with the WRX or the tires... I had those on another car. But I also didn't push it as hard as the protege.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                    I never had a problem with the WRX or the tires... I had those on another car. But I also didn't push it as hard as the protege.

Wow....you're the first person I've ever heard say that.

I drove one and it was freaking terrible. They don't turn...ever.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Hehe... Jesse, did you know that 1990 Protege LX's came with RE92s?

I like my Protege better than a WRX.... maybe it's just me. I gotta get mine roadworthy again.
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

My dad had some Bridgestones on his 99 accord.. god I sware them thangs were awful.
                        I refuse to put bridgestones on my protege or 323.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

again, why can't we understand that BRANDS don't make bad tires? (except Nitto).

Bridgestone makes some AWESOME tires, S-02, S-03 come to mind...both are on the top echelon of street tires available today.

your argument is about as relavent as saying, "i drove a cavalier and it was slow, so a Vette must be slow too, because it's also Chevy."
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

The difference was probably that I test drove it new at the dealership and they didn't want me pushing it over 4k RPMs. There's not a whole lot of performance testing you can do at those speeds... it probably gets bad when you push it harder.

As far as the tires go, the 3rd gen protege comes stock with Bridgestone Potenzas, don't remember what number. Nothing wrong with them, they're v-rated and grip very nicely on curves.

Comment

Working...
                            X