justinlk`s 323 worklog :O finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

justinlk`s 323 worklog :O finally

soo a bit about my love for 323s first lol my first car was a 86 bmw 325is and due to the price of parts i was like no thanks and sold it after drivign it for a month after that i picked up a rusty old 323 se red 5 speed 482k on the 1.6 sohc bought a wing and a maf adapter for it decded aat 17 the car was a truck snapped an axle in the woods ended up leaving it on the trail it got torched rip red 323 lol then ai decided to buy a tiburon no offence to anyone that has one but it was nothing but problems so i got rid of it too with the money i wanted to find a mazda 323 hatch in decent shape in atlantic canada thats impossible after looking at 7 junker 323s i came across the black beauty freshly brought in from bc had work receipts from vancouver looked it over it was solid i fell in love drove it home on a leaky water pump and fried the 1.6 minutes after getting in my driveway a 4 hour drive lol the car is a 1991 mazzda 323 bone stock no mods when i got it unfortunatly no pics that show it stock its the first se 323 ive ever seen with a sunroof though so that made me happy 2 days after getting it home i picked up a 93 prot gt with a rotton frame for 500$ fresh rebuld on the bp in it with timing redon and a brand new distributor got the whole car for 500$ :D then it began
    bit dirty but but its a beauty of a sleeper

7k redline tach

decided to tear the brakes apart kinda a fetish with a new car to do all new brakes this car is in wicked shape

thats how the car is right now i ended up tearing alot of ligaments in my shoulder in a workplace accident so it had to see a single winter went to a body shop right after all rust was cut out and new metal put in only rust was front wheel wells no upgrades over winter but now that its starting to get warm the work begins again picked up these rims at a steal of a price brand new 450$ taxes in theyre konig 15" featherlights weight about 12lbs a rim bfg gforces are on the way to be mounted on them

got bored so i painted the interior

ive got some suspension on the way at the moment koni ksport adjustable struts had to be sent over from holland apexi springs are already here 1.5" drop front and rear going to be trying to figure out how to order the superpro front and rear bushing kits next then itll be the energy suspension sway bars 4 point tie bar then itll be back to motor work i dont know if i should pull and rebuild and turbo this bp which is at 220k or order a jdm bpt with harness ecu and all the goodies for 1500$? any suggestions on this?

very nice! car is coming along nicely, not sure about the painted interior pieces, but I love everything else about it! I think it looks like sex with the 93 Protege GT interior and rims though...mmmm lol.

But ya, car looks real clean! good find!

If you're wanting to either rebuild or get a low mileage engine, $1500 for a BPT with the harness is a pretty good deal. A decent rebuild will run you the same cost, but without the turbo goodies.

If you had a low mileage BP to start with, I'd say boost that, but 220k, I'd drive it til you're ready to swap out for the BPT, so there's less down time, then you can do w/e you want with the old BP
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

yea the other option would be if i got the bpt put it on a stand and built it up i can get one with like 25-30k for 150 with turbo IC harness ecu etc and ive got the FWD tranny on the 1.8 N/A right now so itd just be drop in and go but i find the stock suspension too soft so i wanna get that in first so its not just a line car and yea i think im the only one who likes the painted interiors its still different since ill upload more pics tonight for it

Comment

Run on sentences are so easy to read

You should scoop up turpro's car and turbo stuff. 300whp wouldn't be hard to do with his setup
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Nice score on the 323 with sunroof and rear wiper! And nice BP swap too.

...interior looks nice too....except for the painted pieces...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
            Run on sentences are so easy to read

You should scoop up turpro's car and turbo stuff. 300whp wouldn't be hard to do with his setup
            lol maybe not the car set a link to turbo gear i might be interested ive got a non cracked vj11 turbo sitting in the basement dunno what to do with it. sorry for the run on senteces too my grammer got turned to crap after highschool .

Originally posted by SPENONE View Post
            Nice score on the 323 with sunroof and rear wiper! And nice BP swap too.

...interior looks nice too....except for the painted pieces...lol
            lol i dont mind the painted interior its been a hobby of mine customizing it completly as for the sunroof its staying rear wiper on the other hand will be getting taken off

Comment

struts are on theyre way from holland supposed to be here start of june but springs came in today also ordered cusco front and rear adjustable strut mounts today

Comment

I LOVED my Apex springs. Be warned tho, they will sag over time. My fronts settle to around 2.25" drop and the rears were around 2". No complains, as it looked sexy and rode fairly reasonable with KYB struts.

Where did you get the inserts from? Cost much??
                -Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                  I LOVED my Apex springs. Be warned tho, they will sag over time. My fronts settle to around 2.25" drop and the rears were around 2". No complains, as it looked sexy and rode fairly reasonable with KYB struts.

Where did you get the inserts from? Cost much??
                  which inserts? and im not worried i just want it all here and on the car lol

Comment

hey guys been crazy busy and lost access to my internet heres the car updates got rims on it got it lowered

Rims on not lowered

New tires beside old tires lol

Changed the carpet to black the floor is ridiculous for being in nova scotia

3 hours a bunch of seized bolts later here she is lowered running 205/50/15 nankang sr-2`s on koenig feathers more pics to come soon going to be getting full gtr kit including arches and vents next before it goes in for paint

Comment

Awesome update, man!
                      Keep it up!
                      sigpic
                      1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

wheels look great!
                        -Jack

Comment

Working...
                        X