Wings West fender flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wings West fender flares

Has anyone tried to use the extreme fender flares from Wings West without the full kit? I emailed them and they said they had never tried it and that the rear would work fine, but the front was designed to work with their front bumper and they weren't sure how it fits with anything else.

I don't see why the front wouldn't work well. I mean on the same side it is basically the same bumper. But I guess the only to find is to give it a shot. Even though I don't like the looks of them.

Comment

I haven't seen enough of them to make up my mind whether I like them or not... the best picture I've seen is the one on the menu of Corksport's page, and I like the way that one looks. However, that one has the full Wings West kit which isn't really what I want.

Comment

Hmmm.....looking at the picture I can see where there may be conflicts with the front bumper. See how it tucks into the open area beside the front bumper flare? That could be very tricky to install without the WW bumper.

Comment

I would think it would install fine cause they all attach with screws and tape, but I think it might leave a hole at the bottom that would otherwise be covered by the little side wing.

Comment

Yeah that is what I meant. Could be kind of sloppy looking.

Comment

it would probably work with a regular MP3/P5 bumper, though.. wouldn't it?
              I want the flare kit.. but not for a while... i love the flared look on narrower cars.. just adds meatiness to it..looks nice.
              Worse comes to worse.. BONDO!

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
              RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point. Although I can't decide which bumper I'd rather have. I like the regular mp3 bumper because it's slightly less aggressive without the little side wings, but I like the WW one because it actually has open holes in the front and so it looks good without fog lights and leaves you with more options on the type of fog lights you use.

Comment

i think it would go on fine , but it would look dumb kinda cuz the ront bumper aligns with it perectly, if u match it up with something else, it will mess up the "lines" of the flares ... if u look at it the flares start a lil bump and then the bumper continues it.
                  boost happy

Comment

True... dammit, why can't there be just some easy choice? I don't really want to kit the whole car, just a few additions here and there. But if I get the WW bumper, it would really look stupid to not have side skirts. Blah.

Comment

looks dumb with the kit, can only imagine what it would look like without.
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

theres a flare kit for the protege on ebay
                        My OLD Car

Comment

I don't like that one and I don't trust it... "universal fender flare fits all import cars such as: civic, integra, prelude, accord, crx, supra, eclipse, rx7, 240sx, and etc.. and it also fit all domestic cars such as: ford mustang, ford focus, chevy cavalier, dodge neon and etc.."

Comment

Working...
                          X