Window slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window slow

Ok here is the problem which a bunch of you might have. My window goes up slow as Hell. I don't think the motor is bad it just goes up crooked. I was wondering if there was a way of adusting / tightning the track that the window rides on. Or if I need to replace that.

if you live in a cold environment they yes your window will be slow. in the summer it will speed up. it is just the actuator not having enough lubercation. i have the same issue. it is very hard to re grease it. and you do not want to be doing that in the cold
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I know this is an old post but if anyone else has this problem...Pull off the door panel and greese up the two side rails and the middle rail. My side rails were rusted and the window couldn't slide. Works like a brand new window now.

Comment

Lubricating the window seal with some silicone spray-lube works well, but the Protege LX power windows are notorious for being slower than ballz at going up and down. Its just how they are designed.

My MX3's windows are fast as **** compared to the 3 Protege LX's I've owned in the past.
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

can the motors be replaced with the mx3 motors or anything??

Comment

i don't mind the slow so much as the loud...

is there any way to fix how loud they are?
            the driver-side window also makes a popping sound and stalls when going down, sometimes...

i'm jealous of my g/f's camry... it's a 94, and it's windows are quiet, and fast...
            justin
            Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
            installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

mine are old and tired. and loud too.
              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by sixhex
                i don't mind the slow so much as the loud...

is there any way to fix how loud they are?
                the driver-side window also makes a popping sound and stalls when going down, sometimes...

i'm jealous of my g/f's camry... it's a 94, and it's windows are quiet, and fast...
                my drivers window also makes a poping sound if i hold the button when the window is all the way up or down.....none of the other windows do it.....i just thought my motor was taking a **** on me.....
                91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.