new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

hey fellas i am new to this forum i think is pritty cool. i have a few questions

i got a 98 with 84k and is running pritty good but slow

i am thinking on a swap but need to know how hard it would be to put a 2.0 turbo in. i know everyone is gonna tell me get a 1.8 but i dont see the reason why? is might be easer but not faster. so just let me know if you know what do i have coming on me

Hello and welcome! I hope you find it worthwhile being here with us. A 2nd genner is always welcome.

Regarding the slowness of your protege - the general consensus here is that if you want more power you have to swap your engine for the BP, as the Z5 is pretty much a lost cause unless you're willing to spend a huge amount of time and do a lot of custom work on it. The BP is the most bang for the buck and everyone keeps saying that the engine has huge potential! Not only is it better built, but it also has a lot more aftermarket support... There are a couple of members (bruce95fmla, OCD-SPEED) who have done/are doing the swap right now, and you may find the info they have posted about their experience very useful.

Also, since you're a new member, I wanted to share this with you -- use the Search function. A great deal of questions have already been answered/discussed. By doing this you're helping make ClubProtege a better place for all of us.

Enjoy your stay!

Comment

check out the link in my sig.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

hey is 1.8 Mazda Miata 2001 engine any good? what is te bp and all thoes engine give me some # what engine i would we able to fit in to my 98

Comment

most of your questions about what parts will go in what car are answered in the link in my sig, give it a look, they guy who wrote it put alot of work into it, then if you still have questions, people here wont make such a big deal about answering such in depth questions.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by mersaci
            hey is 1.8 Mazda Miata 2001 engine any good? what is te bp and all thoes engine give me some # what engine i would we able to fit in to my 98
            the BP is the Protege 1.8L engine
            the Z5 is the 1.5L engine

again, do a Search here, and use the FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
              welcome to our 2nd gen area (where all the cool kids hang out )

I don't think 2.0 is going to fit in our engine bays, and even if you somehow got it to, you would need to fabricate your own engine mounts.

and its not worth the money because the bp can make more power just by cranking up the boost a lot more than what the fs could
              Right... The 2.0 have five engine mounts and BP only four engine mounts.
              It can fit in 2Gen Engine bays. In Taiwan , There are two FSZE 2Gen Protege.
              It must use 2.0 engine , Transmission , wire and ECU . Custom two rear increase highly engine mounts. Use the BP's generator and A/C compressor.
              But need to change radiator. It's sooooo hot......
              Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
              All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Comment

hey is this a good buy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33615 ?

Comment

can we say closed minded?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                    actually, the 2.0 has only 4 engine mounts
                    sorry, I am wrong.. I call my friend to verify the engine mounts. He say "Because the car structure is different,so if the FSZE want to swap in 2 Gen protege. It must to modify front , copilot , rear engine mounts . and transmission mount can to use 93~ mazda 626 trans mount."
                    Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
                    All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Comment

Well to tell you da truth, if you drop the 2.0l in there, u wont notice much of a difference cause the only difference in HP is about 8 hp. It may or may not be noticable but you could get the 1.8l and go through less work.
                      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
                      X