Porter Rocs 1998 DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter Rocs 1998 DX

First thing first here. The car was saved from being crushed in only days. My mechanic is a "full-fledged American-made give-me-a-Chevy" kind of guy. So when he see's a little Japanese Mazda come in for a trade-in he doesn't think twice about it. So he lets her sit there until the Big 10 tow shows up. Good thing I came around. Here's what we have

1998 Mazda Protege DX 1.5 DOHC $500 (VIN says it was built in Japan, IDK if that makes a difference.)
    210,000 miles
    Automatic (I know, I know. A manual tranny feels better, but I have an F'ed up left leg...so it works great for me.)

Here she is a day after I picked her up. Took the front bumper off and re-attached it, painted the steelies black, and gave her a wash and coat of wax.
    Attached Files
    ~LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG~

One solid piece of machinery. Right now she isn't on the road. Waiting for insurance. I started looking at the motor, hmm not bad. Relatively clean, No ticks or misses. There was a problem with the intake, it was cracked to pieces. Did a quick fix and it idles a lot better. (installing a short intake later this week.) There was a bunch of crud around the head gasket, a combination of oil and gravel dust. Cleaned it all up and tightened the head bolts down to the proper amounts (some were so loose I could unscrew them with my fingers.) Oil change, topped off the tranny fluid, tested the radiator fluid, filled the res. Checked for any loose wires, hoses, clamps, etc. As of right now, so far so good.
    Attached Files
    ~LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG~

Comment

Working...
    X