X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rim meets pothole

This sux

Warnimg huge images over a meg a piece.
    These actualy took me a while to upload.

I was driving down 280 in the rain a few days ago didnt see the pot hole and hit right into it. The sad thing is that it was in trafic and I was only doing 50.

The worst part is that now I need to buy a new set of rims becuase these were discontinued.
    Attached Files

is that just on the inside of the rim? every one of my rims has a small flat spot on the inside from some ****-spot in the roads. it doesnt really affect too much. i'd take it in and have it checked out... see about having it balanced again. also, check for stress bubbles in the tire.
    -mike lucero
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
    2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

you didnt hit a pot hole ,you hit the grand caynon. Thats some major damage ,I thought you could fix the rim untill I saw the pic with the crack around the center of the rim

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
      Motegi MR12 rims in gold
      Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
      MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
      Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
      P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

yeah those rims are pretty much table saw board supporters now.

oddly enough, that is one of the prices you pay for 17 inch rims...
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          that goes to show:

1) don't use cheap ass rims
          2) don't use "factory recommended" tire pressures... pump that **** up!
          one more thing get winter tires and rims.
          2003 Mini Cooper S
          2000 Protege ES
          H-stock

Comment

I really liked these rims.
            You think a more expensive one would have held up better?
            These things take a likin and keep on tickin untill now, a few days before this happened my father had a blow out and the rim was fine.
            How much you want me to spend on these things? I paid $500 for the set and that was a good deal.

Your right on the tire pressures though, I really should have pumped them up, a freind of mine told me they were looking alittle low but I checked em and they were perfect, stupid recomended tire pressures.

Im now on steelies, too late though

Comment

i dont care how stupid it looks, when it snows here i drive on my stock steelies and hubcaps. already destroyed one wheel in the same situation, wont do it again.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thank god almighty I chose to not put the rims on this winter...

Sorry about your luck
                1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Well a set might pop up on ebay some day

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                    The worst part is that now I need to buy a new set of rims becuase these were discontinued.
                    That crack is really scary. I don't think I'd want to use the other 3 wheels even if you could find a replacement for the bent one. Really bad things happen when a wheel completely fails at the spokes.
                    Chris
                    '91 Protege LX
                    '99 Miata sport

Comment

Working...
                    X