Coolant Line B6T Help Pics inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Line B6T Help Pics inside

So im assembling my B6T again after coming back from the machine shop and i was wondering if someone could help me out on a few things.

Ive read the manual but just want to double check a couple things from you experienced vets.

Does this coolant line go in here with just an O-Ring?

Also this is what the end of that line looks like. It looks jagged and i dont think i should re use this, wouldnt you agree???
    Can you even get a replacement tube from the dealer? If so anyone know how much they go for? Or a part number??

Thanks in Advance

M
    Last edited by _Shocker_; 05-19-2011, 07:19 PM.
    _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

That's the coolant bypass pipe. I got a new one from the dealer.

Comment

got a part number?

is this right

B630015290C
      Last edited by _Shocker_; 05-18-2011, 04:22 PM.
      _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

I would guess that it would start with B660 denoting the turbo motor part with the nipple for the turbo coolant hose.

Comment

From Mazdamotorsports.com, where yes, YOU TOO can browse their A-MAZINNNNG! catalogue of GENUINE (*genuine!* omfg! *genuine!*) Mazda partsss!:

D-Code: 15-290
          P/N: B660-15-290D
          PIPE, BYPASS
          Reg. Price for j00!: $44.46
          Super-awesome member of MSM only pays: $26.67

Come git you some!
          Last edited by BFMRGTX; 05-18-2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Sweet well i dont have a race car or nor will i have a mazda race car in the next year. So if anyone here is a member of mazdaspeed that can order me the part for me and ill paypal you the amount if the yard doesnt have one tomorrow

im going to the Junkyard tomorrow morning to check if their pipe is in good shape
            _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

You don't need a race car. You just need a Mazda, and you need to attend at least two events (drag, autox, etc. etc.) in a 12 month period.

But like I said, the dealer will have it. Try rockauto too.

Comment

I only have a B6T haha not the entire car lol

The dealer wants like $46 bucks
                _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Junkyard is junk

Anyone here a member of MazdaMotorSports that wants to help me out?
                  Last edited by _Shocker_; 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM.
                  _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Well MazdaMotorsports wont sell me the part. Is anyone here a member that would like to do another member a favor?
                    _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

can't you just use the part number on mazda motorsports and take that number to the dealer? but i'm guessing you did that and got the $46 price.

Comment

Yeah I sure did....someone here wanna help me out??
                        _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Awesome not one person
                          _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Yes that pipe goes into that housing with just the Oring. I don't get the rest of the problem, does the local dealer not have this item? If not them then rockauto or something similar should. If not, well, I gotta re-up my membership there sometime soon anyhow...
                            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I was just wondering if any fellow member here would be willing to help another member save a few bucks
                              _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Working...
                              X