Would you call this an active board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you call this an active board?

Aside from the GLC forum, we've got the lowest activity.
    Why is that?

there aren't many second gen owners as there are 1st and 3rd gens.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Also, 2nd gens aren't as modifiable.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
        Also, 2nd gens aren't as modifiable.
        I don't know about that turbo, I think you can do a lot with the 2nd gen. You just have to set up the platform correctly.

A quick swap to a BP 5-speed will make the car a much livelier car.
        Hopefully more 2nd genners will show up soon, but I am glad with who we have here..
        bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeah i like us 2nd geners and as fat and mods come u can do alot if you just take the time and money to do it like any other car like hondas the swap in b18 b 16 motos to go fast or w/e so i jus did looks so far but soon to convet it to the 1.8 motor 5 spd
          1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

i ment as far as mods oops lol not fat
            1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

i like the look better of our gen better then the others... but i do fancy the msp 2003.5.

on the other hand speed... it's all and how much you want to put into it. =)
              Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
              FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
              Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

I meant other then cosmetics and engine swap, there is really no other mods. Most people here have either custom intake or exhaust, and all other stuff is a universal applications.
                "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                  I meant other then cosmetics and engine swap, there is really no other mods. Most people here have either custom intake or exhaust, and all other stuff is a universal applications.
                  it all depends on your engine. if you have the 1.8 then alot of the miata parts are interchangable. if you think about it though, civics with only the lowly 1.6 aren't really doing much engine mods more than intakes and exhausts, unless they do a engine swap to something bigger or JDM. People modding cars in general don't do more than just the simple bolt-ons.

what specifically are you looking to do? anything you can buy for a civic you can for a 2nd gen pro. it'd just a lil more spendy and you have to look harder. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. most people hear aren't hardcore car tuners but are here to find other protege tuners.
                  Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                  FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                  Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

from my perspective engine / exhaust / suspension / breaking has lots of options for our car... its cosmetic stuff that sucks for our car... very few available kits..... hard to get seats to fit..... stuff like that... oh and there are a million rim options
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

There are some good looking 2nd gens out there. A few have posted in this thread. Just thought I'd throw that out. :p

I think the 2nd gen was an old person's car or something. There are tons in Santa Clara, CA, too, I don't know why.
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

well the thing with honda is that EVERYONE has one so to find a swap is easy just go to a junk yard and take a pic at what engine you want..... that and like all engines from all their cars can be swapped in pretty easily where as with out there are like 2 engines that fit. lol i mean i know I COULD get a 350 in there but... well...yea...

Comment

Working...
                        X