My buddys car, my worklog haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddys car, my worklog haha

Long story short my buddy bought an MX-3 4 banger, liked it and then bought a protege because he heard of the BP swap, then totaled the Protege but everthing needed was salvage YAY. So, im currently swapping a BP into a 93 MX-3. Or i think its a 93 im not 100%. Either way thats whats going down. Last night we pulled the B6 out. But im new to the BG game and have a few questions.l
    1. Are the front brakes on the MX-3 and Protege the same?
    2. What parts are of value on the Protege, were taking it to the junkyard soon as its stripped of everything we could use or need.
    3.Removing the Proteges rear end for disc conversion, do we need everything? Pulling it all either way tho.
    I pretty much just woke up im sure ill have more questions as the day goes on. Gotta clean up the engine bay.

Before the hear transplant started.

And its out. Sorry for dark pix, but this is what i was working in...
    1996 PGT<CAI, muffler delete, D2 coilovers, Fidanza, Southbend Stage 1, G4 IM
    1997 Integra RS<CAI, header, exhaust, lowered on BS with Piles old 17" rims
    2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Sweet engine hoist!!
    _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

rear subframe assembly & E-brake cables as one unit.

pull the guage cluste & anything else you think might hold value.

-Ryan
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by _Shocker_ View Post
        Sweet engine hoist!!
        Yea makes puttin the engine back in a bitch lemme tell you.
        Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        rear subframe assembly & E-brake cables as one unit.

pull the guage cluste & anything else you think might hold value.

-Ryan
        Anyone looking for anything? Theres not much left but its got all glass, dash, seats doors, well i broke the drivers door but that was rusted.
        Anyway quick shower, then updates with pix.
        2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

Motors officaly in, wireharness is in, crossmemeber as well. WTF do i do about the radiator? i havnt checked to see if the B6 ones work because i put the engine in with a skid loader and it was properly in until it was dark so i didnt get a chance to see.
          2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

is the blue carpet in that car any good?
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              is the blue carpet in that car any good?
              IDK for sure theres alot of spare parts in there ill check it out for you,
              and as for my update on the MX3 everything is in and ready to go....but the battery is dead...THAT made me sad hahaha. Outside of a few things here and there shell be on the road. Pix later.
              2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

protege carpet is trashed. Took a break till tonight on it, blazing hot out today.
                2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

First start.
                  2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

Forgot to mention last night that then exhaust manifold studs are broken, except for one. Hes on the hunt for a header, anyone know where i can get one?
                    Also if someones got it for the right price, BPT exhaust manifold too.
                    2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

sounds like a smooth start! congrats
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Definitely started up nice, but damn shes noisey! I turned the speakers up thinking it might be a little quiet but to my surprise and almost pissing myself.....hahaha.

Comment

Thanks guys. Having a problem with the 02 sensor the broken one left a chunck in the manifold idk how in getting it in.
                          2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

NEED PASSENGER SIDE AXLE, EXHAUST MANIFOLD. ASAP if possible, just needs to be good.
                            2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

Well we got the manifold situation taking care of for the most part. Deff still looking for BPT parts tho. Anyway, car had a tune up and im proud to say it sticks with my PGT a little too well...what do these cars normal run in the quarter mile?
                              2001 Maxima<wifes daily

Comment

Working...
                              X