Deep dish wheels on 89 323?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep dish wheels on 89 323?

Hey guys I am new to the site and Mazda scene with me just purchasing an 89 323 hatch. I was wondering if anyone has tried any deep dish wheels on these cars like perhaps a 15" wheel with a +0 offset? I know you want a minimum of +40 on these little cars but what if u put something out a little farther? I plan on lowering it as well and have seen this trend with some of the vw owners. Any advice will help thanks.

You would likely have to cut your fenders and run flares. Would probably look cool.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

worked fine for me

Comment

Thanks for the pics audi5000! And I figured if I kept it stock ride height I may not have to do much if anything to the fenders but if I do coilovers like I plan on there may have to be some modding. Or I may go deep but not +0 offset deep I also have to see what I want to do about a front bumper the stocker is burning my eyes with it's rusted and bent front valance

Comment

Holy dished wheeels. How wide are they? And could you have lowered on them? I'm thinking about getting some 15x7.5s with a offset in the low +30s for a little stance. Think ittl be fine?

Comment

I've found a set of Rota Rb 15x8 wheels with an offset of +10 and 205/50 tires on them, are these likely to fit? My car is already lowered too.

Comment

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by wagonkid94 View Post
                Holy dished wheeels. How wide are they? And could you have lowered on them? I'm thinking about getting some 15x7.5s with a offset in the low +30s for a little stance. Think ittl be fine?
                Im pretty sure audi 5000 has added flares to those fenders,but hell ya a nice deep dish can look awesome like the RB,panas,wanttobe.on a car I personally wouldnt on a 323,wish I could though.Love those rims.
                Maybe a rwd glc....hmmm.

Comment

Im running 16x8 +20 on my 323. Very little camber and fender rolling needed. I just cut the inside of my fenders out.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Wow if your wheels are a +20 and they fit that way I'm not sure how much luck I'd have with a +10. What size tire though? Where did you cut?

Comment

205/40/r16. Just the lip that rolls under the fender. I wouldn't recommend it if you have good paint. My fenders are already done so it didnt matter.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Working...
                      X