An Australian Equivalent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Australian Equivalent!

Hey guys, just thought I'd post up some images of my car. It's known as the Ford Laser, which has the same mechanics as the Protege and as you can see, some of the same body panels.

My next mod will be lowering the car, which we'll be done in about a week or so. Would look heaps better then.

Anyway, I appreciate all comments so post ahead!

It looks mean in that last pic. I like it!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
      It looks mean in that last pic. I like it!
      very sexay...
      the protege looks docile. this one looks aggressive. /me likes

Comment

Too bad you have that Ford symbol on it though...

Comment

Originally posted by P'cisT
          hey, I was wondering if those taillights and the garnish are stock?

has anyone considered swapping the 2nd gen lights with those?

Comment

Sweet looking car. Now that we have 2nd geners all over the world show up, I feel better about my car.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Hey, thanks for the kind comments so far guys (bar jnorion ).

Intruder, the taillights and garnish are stock. As far as I can tell, since we have the Mazda Protege over here as well, you can fit the rear garnish, but you'll need to change the bootlid as well since its shaped differently for it. Tailights would be a straight changeover.
              Last edited by P'cisT; 02-14-2004, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I wonder how the taillights would look on a Protege with its stock garnish. Too bad you guys have the Euro style license plates...

Comment

would look goofy since the white area's wouldnt match up

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                    would look goofy since the white area's wouldnt match up
                    can you PS this?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      hey, I was wondering if those taillights and the garnish are stock?

has anyone considered swapping the 2nd gen lights with those?
                      hmmm , have you ever seen them before?
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        hmmm , have you ever seen them before?
                        seen what?
                        don't tell me no one has seen them till now.
                        Last edited by Intruder; 02-15-2004, 02:53 AM.

Comment

How much would it cost to get those over here?? I'd be interested. You could fiberglass something in place of the rear garnish or either just paint it and that would look sweeet.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                          Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                          I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                            How much would it cost to get those over here?? I'd be interested. You could fiberglass something in place of the rear garnish or either just paint it and that would look sweeet.
                            I'd have no idea, but I agree it would suit the protege nicely if you just change the corners and paint/fibreglass over the existing garnish.

Comment

i would def buy them if we could get those tails over here
                              1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

Working...
                              X