Weird electrical issue, help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird electrical issue, help please?

Hey guys, mine is a 323 GT, B6T engine, and here is my issue: basically the alternator is not putting out enough voltage to keep the car running.

It is new, and I have already taken it out and had it checked anyway. It is good.

Battery is new, I have replaced the terminal connectors, checked all fuses, and cleaned the ground that connects to the chassis in the drivers side corner of the engine bay near the windshield.

What can I check next?

have you metered it? what exactly is the alternators output.
    see if its putting out the proper voltage.
    and if it is, trace it back and see were is drawing from.

Comment

When I disconnect the terminals from the battery, the car dies instantly. It would appear that the alternator isn't putting anything out.

Comment

Remove the alternator and take it somewhere that can bench test it ie. Advance auto.
        not sure about BF's but BG's stock alternators are rated at 60 or 65 amps.
        Find out what it's putting out amperage wise and voltage too. that will tell you all you need to know.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

The weird thing is, it has done this now with two alternators. the one in now is new. I guess it's possible I bought one that is bad. It is a remanufactured. I will get it tested and go from there I suppose!

Comment

Working...
          X