Rear Strut Options For Lowered Non-GTX Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Strut Options For Lowered Non-GTX Cars

Gang - Appears I have a blown rear shock on my lowered GT. From my quick interweb search I have found two "sporty" type rear struts:

1) Tokico Sport HB285 / 2086 (blue):

2) KYB GR2 232011/232012:

These are in my car now (front and rear) and the left side is kaput...I wish they were still available from Tokico (great struts), this picture is from 2005.

Are there any other options available that you know of?
    Thanks!
    Yasin

Of the two.. I'd do the blues.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

you can pick up a full set of the gr2's from kyboutlet.com for $160

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
        Of the two.. I'd do the blues.
        Agreed!

Comment

Where did you locate the blue struts to purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
            Where did you locate the blue struts to purchase?
            Check eBay bro.

Comment

Originally posted by slownrusty View Post
              Check eBay bro.
              Here is the link to what i found on ebay. However i am not sure that the colour blue is the actually pic of the struts. They may just be the copper colour struts that you have in your pic. When i purchase my Tokico struts the display pic of them online was blue & when i got them, they were the copper colour.

This is the online store where i purchase my Tokico struts from. They are displayed as blue Tokico struts, but when i got them they are the copper colour struts
              Last edited by mazkam; 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Just notice that i had posted the wrong link (it was the same ebay link) to where i had my set of Tokico HP strut. The struts are displayed as blue Tokico struts but the actual colour for the BF chassis Tokico strut is copper.

I've edited the post with the correct link.

Here is the correct link http://www.prostreetonline.com/a/maz...-hp-shocks.asp

Comment

sup fellas,..
                  You also have what i think is the no brainer choice.. you can use AND ONLY FOR THE FRONT a Coilover kit from a MK1 Vw.
                  1976-1984 .any model will work its the same set up. They will bolt up perfectly to your front blown setup. you also use your factory strut mount ..as of the rear. you can set it up with a sleeve and spring to match the front. as of spring rates. the MK1 is near perfect match to the BF...
                  that means you can use a Quality front set up from KW,Bilstien,Eibach,and what i would choose is H&R
                  hi team

Comment

Originally posted by m323pwr View Post
                    sup fellas,..
                    You also have what i think is the no brainer choice.. you can use AND ONLY FOR THE FRONT a Coilover kit from a MK1 Vw.
                    1976-1984 .any model will work its the same set up. They will bolt up perfectly to your front blown setup. you also use your factory strut mount ..as of the rear. you can set it up with a sleeve and spring to match the front. as of spring rates. the MK1 is near perfect match to the BF...
                    that means you can use a Quality front set up from KW,Bilstien,Eibach,and what i would choose is H&R

I know its late but still I got to give you thanks for the info m323pwr. Its was well received and greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X