Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the widest width tire that can be installed on the BF 323 sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the widest width tire that can be installed on the BF 323 sedan?

I want to go wider than the 195/50/15 that i usually have installed. Recently i have installed 205/50/15 on the front, as i was only able to deal with purchasing 2 @ the time. The plan was to go 205's on rear as well, but i notice that the 195's sit very close to rear struts, that i am wondering if they are rubbing slightly.

This seems odd to me as i have seen other BF 323's with 17" rim & 205 width tires, with no mention of wheel spacers being used on the rear to facilitate the 205's width tires

The brand tires that i have installed on the front are Khumo ECSTA AST & Khumo ECSTA SPT on the rear.

Depends on your wheel offset

Comment

yea. with the right offset, you can easily go to at least a 225. possibly even larger
      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
      What are you driving?

Comment

Well I'm about to attempt an 8 inch wheel with a 20 offset. So ill most likely have to run a 205. I'll let you know how it goes..

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I'm running 7 inch wide 15's et 35 on my sedan. Lowered. My 205/55/15 tires rub the fenders over bumps and on hard acceleration, and corners. I have about a mm of clearance between the rear tires and the struts. Fronts are fine. I'm going to have to roll the rear fenders, or get smaller tires.
          sigpic
          1992 Familia GT-X
          1988 323 GTX
          2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
            I want to go wider than the 195/50/15 that i usually have installed. Recently i have installed 205/50/15 on the front, as i was only able to deal with purchasing 2 @ the time. The plan was to go 205's on rear as well, but i notice that the 195's sit very close to rear struts, that i am wondering if they are rubbing slightly.

This seems odd to me as i have seen other BF 323's with 17" rim & 205 width tires, with no mention of wheel spacers being used on the rear to facilitate the 205's width tires

The brand tires that i have installed on the front are Khumo ECSTA AST & Khumo ECSTA SPT on the rear.
            Everything depends on the offest of the rims and the drop you are running... I have a set of 17" rims that I ran 205/40/17's on... I had to run a small spacer in the rear to get the tires to clear the spring perch on my 2wd car... On my GTX how ever though the spring perch is in a different location and I had no problems clearing with out a spacer..... On my 2wd car I had to roll the inner fenders and clearance the wheel well its self a little inorder to clear at a 2 1/2" drop... I did the clearance cause the only time I rubbed was when I was autocross racing and the suspension was under full load... normal street driving I never rubbed... The clearance I got was from taking a hammer and just bending the inner wheel well in about 1/16"

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
              Well I'm about to attempt an 8 inch wheel with a 20 offset. So ill most likely have to run a 205. I'll let you know how it goes..
              I would recommend running falken ZE 512s, they have the most stretch for lack of a better word. They run narrow in whatever size, compared to other brands. I would really recommend running a 195/50-15, because even then it may poke and look a little funny in the front.

I'm all for aggressive fitment, but if the tire tread sticks out past the fender it just looks silly.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC View Post
                I would recommend running falken ZE 512s, they have the most stretch for lack of a better word. They run narrow in whatever size, compared to other brands. I would really recommend running a 195/50-15, because even then it may poke and look a little funny in the front.

I'm all for aggressive fitment, but if the tire tread sticks out past the fender it just looks silly.
                Mine are 16's, so I would probably have to run a 45 if I ran those tires.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

And my personal setups:
                  15x6.5 et 40, with 205/50-15 falken rt615 azenis, lowered about 2 inches:

Then pushing limits:
                  17x7.5 et 32 with 205/40-17 miss matched tires:

rear strut clearance:

Front fender, wheel flush tire tucking:

Rear fender, not quite flush

15x6 et 46 plus 8mm spacer effective et 38, with 185/55-15 hankooks

13x7 et 0 with 155/80-13 kumho 758s.

15x7 et40 with 205/50-15 kumho ecsta ast, these rubbed the rear strut but it wasn't too bad.

13x5 et45 (I may be wrong on that offset) with 205/60-13. no rub.

and last but not least... 15x8 et-25 with 185/55-15 hankooks again... no I did not ever drive on these BTW.

Comment

i was digging all those wheels posted till that last set. lol.
                    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                    What are you driving?

Comment

I just got 195/50/15 for the back, fronts are on order. The 205/55/15s rubbed the fenders hard in the back, and there is paint missing from the rear strut body and spring perch.
                      sigpic
                      1992 Familia GT-X
                      1988 323 GTX
                      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                      X