I...Can't...BREATHE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I...Can't...BREATHE!

In my first post here I mentioned that my car seemed to have a tough time getting up hills. Power was...lacking. I was thinking plugs, wires, distributor, etc etc... Then I had a bright idea. Maybe, just maybe, I ought to see if the air filter is a little dirty. Maybe that has something to do with it. Jeebus, if I'd realized how bad it was... Not just filthy, but part of the rubber had also begun to f*cking MELT. You'll see below. Anyway I spent a bit of time this evening hitting my local auto parts stores looking for a replacement filter. O'Reillys, AutoZone, Advance, even Wally-World. Not a Fram CA4383 or Wix 46119 or anything else anywhere to be found. I returned home, defeated, and shoved a paper towel in the intake snorkel tube or WTFever to prevent any critters from taking up residence in my throttle body. I'm guessing that once I get a decent, clean filter in there my Tracer will be able to breathe deeply and I won't have to downshift to get her up a hill.
    Attached Files

that "melting" is how most of those type filters are made. Nothing abnormal there. It is a bit dirty though.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Normal huh? It just looked really irregular to me, but as I've said elsewhere I know diddly-****.

Comment

yep. and TBH, you can drive it without the filter for a short period of time if you have to, unless you live in a very dusty/dirty area or if its raining hard.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
        X