Bulb Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulb Problems

Ok this is gonna be long but yea I think its gonna effect all of us...

Ok my headlight bulb burned out so i had to go get another one.... for some damn reason 9004 arent made anymore! like 9004/2 or something like that are the only bulbs that people carry now and they have this huge clip on the back of them that makes it so the plug wont fit and the prongs on them are all different.... now everyones computers at autozone and orielly's and such say we use 9003 CB which is the Sylvania Cool Blue... which is gay in the first place... and 9003 suck ass... but the guy behind the counter was being retarded and said they would work so me and him went out the car and I pluged htem in... now the headlights work fine except they blow the taillight fuse under the hood(15) that fuse controls the lights behind hte HVAC controls, the Cluster lights, and the dimming of the clock and radio... it also controls the brake lights so when your lights are on they dont do the whole 50% dim thing they stay unlit unless your foots on the brake pedal... so I upgraded to a bigger fuse(20)... same thing.... the guys at all the stores around here have no idea wtf the problem is and say it doents make sense since the headlight bulbs stay lit but the other system blows the fuse... which i see them as being connected since when you turn one system on the other system comes on... but they are all rednecks and only know 87 GMC jack up truck parts....

so heres the question of the day: WTF IS WRONG WITH MY GOD DAMN CAR!

my guess is that it probably will effect everyone since 9004(originals) cant be found anymore and I couldnt find them or even OEM ones on the net.... they were all saying 9003.... except one site which showed the new style...

What the hell? No more 9004? I have to check that out.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

^bump

Comment

I got my Osram Silverstar bulbs from the UK.
        Go to www.powerbulbs.com and look for H4 bulbs - $25 shipped (shipping is free).

Comment

ordered.

if these dont work. you own me 24.87

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            ordered.

if these dont work. you own me 24.87
            they work look at my sig..
            wanna see comparison pics between the Sylvania and the Osram Sylverstars?

here:

oh, by the way... you will also get one of these:

those are "194" bulbs but you won't be able to use them. the JDM headlights have an extra socket for them - driving lights or whatever you call them.
            Last edited by Intruder; 02-15-2004, 04:20 PM.

Comment

ok the 9003 work fine but they blow a fuse... if these work and blow a fuse.... u owe me some $$

Comment

they don't blow fuses in my car. I've used them for about 3 months now.
                do you know what's the wattage on those 9003 bulbs?

Comment

60/55 if i remember right while the h4 silverstar I found (stopped carrying them but they had one package left) was 65/45... but it said for motorcycle use only so I dont know if changes anything or not.

Comment

55W as opposed to the 45W silverstars? 10W difference doesn't seem likely to be causing your problem. at 12V, 10W is a difference of only 1 ampere. You said you swapped the fuse with a 20A fuse? iono man...

the osram's are 60/55 also.

Comment

Have you done any mods to your headlights? Because 9003 are the stock bulbs for our cars. I have never had luck with any new lights, with the exception of the Silver Stars, they run awesome.
                      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                        Have you done any mods to your headlights? Because 9003 are the stock bulbs for our cars. I have never had luck with any new lights, with the exception of the Silver Stars, they run awesome.
                        you are CORRECT. I was mislead by the first two posts and thought that H4 and 9003 are different. 9004 bulbs are used in the 1st gen.
                        the bulbs for the 2nd gen are 9003 indeed. they're also known as H4.

Comment

wtf? like the old books at autozone and stuff said 9004 so i always used them... lol

Comment

ok here is the pic of the fuse just incase you guys didnt know which one i was talkin about... maybe it will help... iono
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've never opened the fusebox, sorry
                              I've always used 9003 bulbs. Even the Sylvania website says our cars use 9003.

Comment

Working...
                              X