Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hosed clutch. - formerly "stickyyyyyy????????"

hey guys,

my clutch just today started sticking a bit when i push it fully down. Does anyone have this problem before? i drive a 97 protege and this is my first car so i have no idea what the hell that means? any advice would really help! Also i have to change my o2 sensor (it seems alot of 2nd gen pros have this engine light problem that relates to, too rich of gasoline) does anyone know how much im looking at? just for the part itself? anyones help would be just great! thanks guys!

I paid 300$ to get my o2 sensor changed.
    The labour was ~ 50 bucks and the part was ~225-250.
    Thats Canadian Dollars.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

please next time make a more appropriate title ..
      thanks
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
        please next time make a more appropriate title ..
        thanks

oh gosh...sorry for the sooooo unappropriate title....it was the first thing that came to mind when i was typing out my problem..this is a forum right? i never knew a title "sticcckkkyyy???" was so UNappropriate!

again i do apologize mr. bruce95fmla for the title that seemed to upset you...i just needed some aid and i thought a boring title wouldnt get ppl attention to open the thread..i apologize to those that thought this was something else based on the title.

ps. its sad to think that i was quite pleased to see that bruce actually answered my thread..ive been around club pro for awhile now..just reading and such..and from what ive observed...bruce, you seem to be the "go to" guy about pros! especially the 2nd gen! wow was i ever suprised to see the response you gave!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          uhhh okkk...

DESCRIPTIVE topic titles attract attention, not ones like "stickyyyyyyy", "help!", etc

anyway... your clutch is screwed up, time to change it

haha thanks for your help!

wow i never knew a title could get you flamed soo badly! oh well..atleast now i know

Comment

for gods sake, do you have to be a Jerk ...

I only suggested that you tittle the your subject better so that people could help you better.
            I was not angry, I was not being a wise guy, just asking youe nicely that's all ..
            No need to jump on my back.

I don't have the answers to everything, if I am not sure I don't answer or ask around.
            what crawled in your pants and died?

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

for gods sake, do you have to be a Jerk ...

I only suggested that you tittle the your subject better so that people could help you better.
              I was not angry, I was not being a wise guy, just asking youe nicely that's all ..
              No need to jump on my back.

I don't have the answers to everything, if I am not sure I don't answer or ask around.
              what crawled in your pants and died?
              sorry i came off as a jerk..i totally understand! trust me..just needed some positive feedback!

to your ? of what crawled in my pants and died?..i think it was my clutch! hhaha...its ok bruce, ill figure it out!

Comment

get a clutchnet or ACT clutch next .... considering if you have a 1.8L motor.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

get a clutchnet or ACT clutch next .... considering if you have a 1.8L motor.
                  no i dont have a 1.8L! i wish i did though....thanks anyway

Comment

well then an exedy would be nice.
                    but you can check out www.clutchnet.com .. Give them a call and find out how much their clutches are . Get one of those if they are under 200 .. That should let you get more power to the ground.
                    Also make sure you get a Clutch bearing also, because chances are that you need to replace that also.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                    X