How many actually race their Pro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many actually race their Pro??

Legally, mainly road courses or rally cross?? I do SoloII with my car. Im in the STS class, ive only racedl ike 4 events so Im still really new to it. Anyone else??
    Eat ****.

I've been thinking hard about attending a few auto-x meets this summer. Will be my first time.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

there are a few people here. I run in H-stock but might not this year.
      2003 Mini Cooper S
      2000 Protege ES
      H-stock

Comment

used to run in STS with my '92. When that went byebye, bought the MR2 and still VERY serious into autocrossing.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I also run in STS with my 1990, been so for the past 2.2 years. Thinking about a major engine something (swap, boost, build) and go play in SM.

Comment

I do auto-cross from time to time, but in New England, Maine especially, those times are often hard to find.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I've been autocrossing my Protege since it was 4 months old. I ran it stock for the first 8 years, sometimes on street tires and sometimes on R-tires (anyone remember the A-008R-TU? Or the first-gen BFGs. Or the coolest tires, the original BFG R-1s with the assymetrical sidewalls for camber-challenged vehicles). In '98, it became an STS car...shortly thereafter (about 4 hours), it acquired a salvage title (Doh!).

I have no idea how many events I've run (although, I show up many times on Google), but I'm in the top 40 of all-time points in the LA region, and they started keeping track in the 50's. With my recent move to Kansas, I won't be getting many more points in LA.

The Protege now has 218k miles on it, many of those driving to and from autocross events.
              David Avard
              '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
              '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
              '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

good to know there are other fellow protege members. We should have a contest to see who can rack up the most points for 2004.
                Eat ****.

Comment

I autocross at Gulf Coast Region's division in Pensacola and I run in STS. I've only been doing it since February of last year, so I still consider my self a newbie at the sport. I still have plenty to learn.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Interestingly enough it was a year ago and one day I first took my car to Buttonwillow. I haven't actually "raced" my Protege... not yet. With the configuration of the car it's not really going to be competitive in any autocross class I'd like to enter. We'll see. I was thinking a Miata might be fun....
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

26 H Stock with Spokes in Austin TX
                      Randy
                      Sand Mica
                      2002.5 ES A/T
                      Texas Spokes Sports Car Club
                      HS 26

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                        Interestingly enough it was a year ago and one day I first took my car to Buttonwillow. I haven't actually "raced" my Protege... not yet. With the configuration of the car it's not really going to be competitive in any autocross class I'd like to enter. We'll see. I was thinking a Miata might be fun....
                        I think you'd be surprised. In stock form, you would be competitive in a street tire class (HS). I ran there for years when my car was classed in ES. Of course, in LA, you'd have to beat my old competition, who now races a Ford Focus ZX3.
                        David Avard
                        '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                        '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                        '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

I may race the Protege near the end of the season, depending how the points situation goes with the Miata. I've very curious as to how well she'll do. I enjoy spirited driving with the Protege, but I'd like to open it up and go full blast. We'll see.....
                          -Kevin
                          -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
                          -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
                          -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
                          -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
                          -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by kcbhiw
                            I may race the Protege near the end of the season, depending how the points situation goes with the Miata. I've very curious as to how well she'll do. I enjoy spirited driving with the Protege, but I'd like to open it up and go full blast. We'll see.....
                            Stick to the miata
                            She up and running yet? I see you've got the whole front end off. It wasn't e-coated which is why there are problems now.
                            Good luck with it. Sometimes I still wish I had a miata to play around with. It'd be nice.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Davard
                              I think you'd be surprised. In stock form, you would be competitive in a street tire class (HS). I ran there for years when my car was classed in ES. Of course, in LA, you'd have to beat my old competition, who now races a Ford Focus ZX3.
                              all this time and i never knew you and Bob used to duke it out back in the day...cool! I bet you have more trophies Although i could never stay in a stock class for that long....

Oh and your Altima ET time in your sig....bone stock...how disgusting

Comment

Working...
                              X