Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a sub/amp in my MSP

Hi guys!

I have an 03 MSP and I want to install a sub and amp. I vaguely recall reading somewhere (wikipedia maybe) that the MSP's came with a sub and amp setup from the factory. Poking around in the back, I noticed a set of plugs (pics by request) that didn't seem to connect to anything. I suspect that somebody jacked the sub and amp before I bought the car and those plugs I found are for that purpose. My question is (assuming I'm right) is there a way for me to find a wiring harness that I can splice into my amp? Also, if anybody has their factory amp and sub hooked up, I'd like to see a pic of that, specifically how the connections to the stereo and how the subs held in place. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Btw, just curious, what kind of speakers are in the back? Are they woofers or tweeters?

i believe it was a kenwood system ...

Comment

this is about a month late so i hope you found your answer. but, the 'speed protege sub and amp sits in an enclosure that is mounted under the rear deck. normally the rear speakers are in the deck but because of the amp/sub they are instead in the rear doors like the protege5.

the kenwood headunit and speakers were nothing special, and i think the wiring was the same. you should be able to run RCA from the head unit into an amp of your liking.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Actually I ended up bypassing the factory system cuz it seemed dinky anyway and did a custom setup. Figured this was better than a potential fire in the future...

Comment

Working...
        X