AWR racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWR racing

I copied and pasted this from my post on probetalk.

Well... I have always heard nothing but good things about them.. mainly from my friend Pat (monoxidechild).. I decided to order some mounts... I ordered the driver side trans mount and rear mount...

Well it took them over a month to ship them for starters (its made to order, so no biggie at all). Then I recieve an email from Tony saying that he rushed to ship my mount and forgot the steel insert in the bushing... Again... Wasnt bother by it...

I get the steel insert before I recieve the mounts.... and guess what.. it doesnt fit. The smaller tapered end is too small to slide over it.

So I email him and I mic out the exact diameter of the spindle and he says he will make me a new insert... Im still cool at this point...

Today I recieve the mount... and here it is.... with a steel insert.. THATS WAY TO SMALL...

Obviously the new insert wont work in this bushing without destroying it.... I am pretty angry over this whole situation... I havent even tried the rear mount yet... Hopefully that isnt a nightmare as well.
    Last edited by The Pile; 07-25-2011, 04:33 PM.

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
    1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Seems you have seen the problem I had..

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

I remember reading your horror story and hoped that mine wouldnt be like that.. mines powdercoated atleast lol... but holy **** i wanted to throw the mount at the wall i was so pissed when i saw it

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
      1997 Probe GT

Comment

Sorry to see they still haven't changed and they aren't very willing to fix anything either... My solution to the whole thing > I took the insert from a stock mount and bored the bushing out for it to work, problem solved

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
        HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
        Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

I still have a few days to file a paypal dispute.. I might just have to... I shouldnt have to bored out a brand new mount that cost 130 bucks... thats some bs lol

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
          1997 Probe GT

Comment

For my part, i ordered and received my 88 durameter engines mounts, no problem at all, but now awr racing is making a tranny mount, i want it but no answer ! i send a couples of mails to Tony but no answers, never !

Comment

The trans mount is done, with a WORKING insert, should take either a BG or BH bracket.

Everyone has to remember Tony is a small shop, but he could do a lot better with customer communication...
              1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

the trans mount is what im having a problem with here guys... so NO it isnt a WORKING bushing

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                1997 Probe GT

Comment

next month i will be going to awr and be ordering at least one set of mounts for the engine and tranny awr shop is like 30 minutes from the house seems like i will be making my order in person and bring any and all issues were all having with these mounts to his attention

small shop or not for the price hes charging for mounts their shouldnt be no issues it should be a direct bolt/pnp,unit/units

Comment

Thanks mate ! cheers !

Comment

And the wrong sleeves just keep adding up..

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                      1997 Probe GT

Comment

just wondering. what day did you actually order them? it seems like this has taken forever.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

paid 6-15

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                          1997 Probe GT

Comment

Finally got a working bushing.. and closed my paypal dispute..

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                            1997 Probe GT

Comment

Damn lucky boy ! happy to see it's finally done for you !

I need this mount for have the complete setup :'(

Comment

Working...
                              X