New Brakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Brakes!

Aha... Got new front brake pads/rotors from Napa...... now I can drive again!!! w00t

I got the best non-ceramic brake pads they had... new rotors weren't necessary but they did resurface them.

It cost about $225

Night and day difference in braking ability! Apparently my brakes were ****ed before i went in.
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Damn. $225? I did a complete brake job in my driveway including new rotors for under $100. None of that ceramic poop either.

"Mazderati"
    91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
    Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
    Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
    AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

Boston let's try to have a little tact here. Basically what you did is similar to this hypothetical scenario :

Person A tells B that he just bought a new car and he is so happy about it because he has worked so hard for so long and feels he really deserves this car, and that this new car means the world to him.
      Person B (you in this case) replies, that car is a piece of crap! It's the worst car anyone could have ever selected! EVERY editor of EVERY car magazine hates it! In fact, it has been proven by every scientist in the world to be the worst car ever created.

Now, whether or not it is true, you should have just said something to the effect of, "Congratulations on your accomplishment." If you felt it necessary, you could have added "The price you payed seems a little much, but if the work is quality, then all is well." Instead of your remark, which reads "Man you got suckered! Ha!"

Anyway, I'm done being a complete asshole at this point. I for one have not had the experience of brake work, so If Boston says that 225 is a little much, it may be. At any rate though, gj marauder on your accomplishment. If you did pay too much for the work, don't worry. I paid a local Mazda dealership close to 500 dollars to fix my VAF . . . yes, i got completely ripped off. lol! You may now begin laughing at me.
      Tag Team

Comment

500 bux wow y didnt you just get a j-yard one?

but anyways back on topic i did a whole new front end brake job for probally around 150 bucks, seems to be reasonbile
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Hey, its was around $95 parts, $100 labor... 30 bucks for general stuff, sales tax etc (dont have the sheet on me)..... Since I know diddly squat about brakes, and they have great service, I thought that was a pretty fair price.

Maybe if they weren't always so honest and fair (I once went in with an alignment problem, it turned out to be something stupid that they fixed for free when they could have charged me $100+), then it would be a little much for me to just fork over. But, I don't mind paying a little more for good service.

Ideally, I would know how to do my own stuff, and I would have tools and a place to work. However, none of those things are true.
          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Semtex, yea my whole VAF story happened like 6 months ago back when clubprotege didnt exist. Basically, I'm a dumbass.

Back to topic, that sounds fair enough Marauder. Also, different areas may charge different rates for labor and parts. One would think that sort of thing would be standardized, but apparently it isn't.
            Tag Team

Comment

Yeah, 225 is a lot for brake work, but if you don't know how to do it yourself then you really have no choice... No big deal ..
              I love haveing good brakes on my car, that much I know for sure.
              Just be sure to keep a good eye on them in the future and don't let them run down to low.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I paid friend from O'Reileys to do it for several reasons

1. he used his discount
                2. got new pads for discs and drums the 50 dollar ones for like 20 bucks
                3. turned both drums and rotors for free
                4. charged me 70 bucks to do all this

Its ok though, the time before I got ripped off by a dude at a Just Brakes, broke my under car neons and charged me like 300 bucks for all the same **** that I got above.

Karma can be a bitch and Karma can be your best friend, depends on her mood.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

isnt that like karma vs dogma?
                  Tag Team

Comment

replacing the calipers helepd my car a helluva lot too....i was surprised! I use ****ty autozone pads in teh front too for now.
                    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I just got new brakes too. It was expensive,like 350$, but I got four new calipers, all new rotors pads and the like.

Can't wait to try it out
                      1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
                      Plus new
                      1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

350 for new rotors, 4 new calipers, and pads all around is damn good in my opinion.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Technically they where rebuilt but still not bad
                          1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
                          Plus new
                          1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Working...
                          X