Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My delrin bushings

This took me a long time to do.

I custom lathed delrin bushings for all the rear control arms, installed spherical bearings and delring bushings into the trailing arms, and then did some boxing on the arms themselves to strengthen them up a bit!

My girlfriend doesn't appreciate them so I'm posting it here. :p

I also por-15'd my rear subframe, installed the guts of a 1.6L miata VLSD into the GTX's open diff (I know it's not a significant upgrade but the vlsd was in really good condition and not too pricey), replaced wheel bearings and got new rotors. SS braided brake lines should be arriving from techna-fit anyday to replace my worn out rubber ones.

It's been a long haul but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Those are nice! Want to see the final product

Comment

looks nice!

Comment

Very nice work, my friend! Would you have any interest in replicating some bushings for other applications at some point? Us Festiva folk have very few options here in Canada/US for affordable poly/delrin bushings...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
          Very nice work, my friend! Would you have any interest in replicating some bushings for other applications at some point? Us Festiva folk have very few options here in Canada/US for affordable poly/delrin bushings...
          Possibly, send me a pm in the winter and maybe we can work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by bujbot View Post
            Possibly, send me a pm in the winter and maybe we can work something out.
            Sounds great! I like the sound of that very much. Hopefully I can remember haha.

Comment

Working...
            X