Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!

Ok, so i went to change my rear brake pads today. So, after I took out some of the brake fluid, i took off the rear calipers. But I could not get the pads out. Theres like absolutely no way to get them out. So I decided not to **** anything up and put it back on. I could not get the caliper open far enough where the space between the pads was big enough to fit the rotor between them. So now Im ****ed cuz I cant get my caliper back on. Anyone got any tips or suggestions. THANKS!
    Eat ****.

Please be more specific when you title a thread. "Help" will not get your question answered......

I last replaced my rear pads a few years back so my memory is vague. There should be a manual adjustment gear in the back of the caliper (next to the brake line). Turn it counterclockwise and that should solve your problem.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

You turning the hidden allen wrench screw all the way back?
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

hahah, i didnt know about that, and found it on a miata site. I did that to the right rear brake, got it all solved and fixed. Now the left rear, I turned the allen screw to back the piston into the caliper, and I removed the lower caliper bolt but I cant seem to open the caliper up. Any ideas on that?
        Eat ****.

Comment

Use a C-clamp.
          James G.
          sobe83@yahoo.com
          AIM: DVS 323BPT
          MySpace
          Cardomain
          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Working...
          X