Eagle rods....feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle rods....feedback

Are the Eagle connecting rods good product???

I am building a new bp turbo, and I need feedbacks, opinions, etc. about this mark of rod
    I have a b6t rods but I am thinking in boosting 20 psi or more....so I am not sure about this rods, and eagle , mmm I dont know nothing about this

thanks

WEll I haven't even broken mine in yet, but they should be good for way more than 20psi. Slightly heavier than Carillos but can't be beat at that price.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

then....so, eagle is a good product ???

Comment

Yep.

Comment

good product, but HEAVY compared to other H-beam rods on the market.... shop around ebay
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

YOu can run 20psi on the B6T rods all day with no problems...

Comment

what I do? b6t rods or buy eagle rods??

What do I do?

Comment

Eagle rods. I wouldn't be real psyched about using factory rods that are marginally better, if ANY better than BP rods if i was "building" a motor.

Comment

Ready!!
                  I am going to buy this rods
                  thanks friends!!!

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
                    Eagle rods. I wouldn't be real psyched about using factory rods that are marginally better, if ANY better than BP rods if i was "building" a motor.
                    This is true. And if i was going for anything over 350 or so...i'd do the eagles.

I've had the B6T rods in the 323 for about 5 years and been pushing 20psi on em for 4 of those years. It is my only car and i have pushed the crap out of it at times, even did ALOT of street racing at one point. As long as you have a good tune you''ll be ok.

Shoot a friend of mine had a BONE STOCK BP making about 350, but it only lasted about 6 months...haha. It was because he raced it like evry night at the local spot...lol

Comment

hhehehehe !! wao!...

well, today I found a new gearbox, a G series from proto LX, (I have in my depot a F series , and mmmmm this is very sweet...) and other parts arrived today: cam sprokets, rx7 T2 injectors, gates racing blue, and bp26 ecu from australia hehehehe
                      Last edited by MAZDASPEED#1; 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

b6t rods are much stouter than the puny bpt rods,if you don't plan on sustained high rpms i say b6ts.2 cents.

Comment

I seen an sr20det make 700whp on eagle rods...I think they're ok...lol
                          Last edited by cee1481; 08-26-2011, 09:18 PM. Reason: i don't know how to spell
                          sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

Looking around, it seems that the weak point of all these H-beam rods is not so much the rods themselves, but the bolts that hold them together. Almost all H-beam rods for the BP use ARP bolts. There's like 3 types from what I can find. The standard 8740's, ARP 2000's and ARP L-19's, with the L-19's being the strongest. So if you wanted a truly bulletproof rod, get some ARP-L19 bolts with H-beam rods. I honestly doubt you will ever break one.
                            Tyler has spoken

Comment

Working...
                            X