problem solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem solved

well as some of you may or may not know i had a problem with my brake lights being on all the time and leaving me the only option of pulling out the "room" fuse to get them to go out.

anyways as of last saturday, its now fixxed much to my releif, it ended up being a plug under the carpet behind the driverside seat. it had shorted out (black sorch marks on carpet and floor as well as a melted plug) and yes i know it could have started a fire.

and ontop of all that it was all rusting together hence causing the short. anyways to fix this we had to remove a foot of wire (1/2 foot each way from the plug) in order to re connect the wires as the rust worked its way up the wires corroding them.

we found this problem thro the trunk, the light in the trunk never worked since the day i bought it, we checked it with a power meter and there was no power what so ever, so we traced the power line from the fuse pannel back and found the short(ie the plug)

now since i never had the trunk light ever work, since i bought the car, means that it shorted out before i got the car and it was a problem slowly getting worse.

a least its fixxed now and i can stop worrying about that ****,but it fixxed both my trunk light problem and my irradic fuel gauge problems all in one shot. now i can focus on doing my axels and e-brake cables

thanks to me GF`s dad (whos a machanic) that helped me find/fix it , he saved my alot of time and money, it took us 4 hours to find it then to fix it.

oh the things the car can tell you bout its previous owners and what they did to the car......
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

oh BTW thanks to brock for his offer to help me.

Comment

glad it got fixed.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Damn, it feels really good to have it working again, huh?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

you bet , feels like a strong prot again

Comment

Working...
          X