Nitrous on MSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous on MSP?

I was thinking about adding a 35 or 50 shot to my MSP, and wanted to see what people thought. The car runs insanely rich when the turbo kicks in, and my thinking is that a 35 or 50 shot won't blow anything up, and will lean out the mixture to a more acceptable level, as well as providing quicker spool (which this little turbo doesn't need), and a few other benefits. Let me know what you think.

Tommy
    2003.5 Titanium MSP; Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges; Autometer guage pod; custom 3" exhaust dumped over rear axle (no muffler); Apex 2.5" downpipe; Greddy Manual Boost Controller; Hidden Hitch; Dunlop FM901 tires; white headlight strobes

talk to Cullen and tell him that I sent you

Tommy, to be blunt, I think you are crazy insane... unless you have the funds to replace hardparts out of pocket, I wouldn't mess with installing nitrous on a oem turbo vehicle.
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

well, my kit is going on this weekend, so we'll see what happens. If it blows, I'll take everything off, and take it to the dealership and say my car broke. If it doesn't, then fast E/T's are what's in store. and a 35 wet shot will not blow anything up. I know guys with supercharged stock motored F-150's (not lightnings) that run 100hp with 12psi and have no problems. I know that's apples to oranges, but I think with a 35 or even a 50 shot I will be plenty safe. Oh yeah, and I have a wide-band to make sure my a/f doesn't get too lean. If it does, all it takes is a phone call to get Essential Speed's Stage IV fuel upgrade kit. I'll let you know how I make out at the track Friday night if I get the kit here in time.

Tommy
      2003.5 Titanium MSP; Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges; Autometer guage pod; custom 3" exhaust dumped over rear axle (no muffler); Apex 2.5" downpipe; Greddy Manual Boost Controller; Hidden Hitch; Dunlop FM901 tires; white headlight strobes

Comment

hey this poses another question, i heard some stupid ass say that cO2 is good to use on boosted cars, sounds funny to me but i dont know ****.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I know you can use the CO2 to spray the intercooler, but using it as a form of nitrous? I wouldn't try it.

Comment

If it blows, you will pull your motor out and rebuild that bitch, don't do something stupid like over nos the car and then jerk mazda out of a motor.

I say go for it though, but use a 35 shot. I would say stick with the 35 for a while, that should put you right at 200. hmm I am wondering if some retardation of timeing won't be necessary. At anyrate, becareful ..
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i dont know about how rich the msp runs but if it does run rich in the first place would a 30-60 shot really affect it too much, as in over leaning it, anyway this is why im here, to learn.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by TS Motorsports
                . If it blows, I'll take everything off, and take it to the dealership and say my car broke.

Tommy
                Did you formerly drive a subaru??

Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) - Major Engine Problem!!! - I was just driving my car the other night, on Sunday, after returning from the club! As always there is always some dumb ass in a honda that thinks their car is fast! I was on ther freeway, and the honda and I decided to race! As I was climbing in...

Anyone else remember this??
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Did you formerly drive a subaru??

Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) - Major Engine Problem!!! - I was just driving my car the other night, on Sunday, after returning from the club! As always there is always some dumb ass in a honda that thinks their car is fast! I was on ther freeway, and the honda and I decided to race! As I was climbing in...

Anyone else remember this??
                  sure as hell, I remeber that.
                  that's why you should be sure of what you are doing to your car and suck it up if something blows.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

LOL yeah i was thinking about the subaru thread also, I would try a 30 but monitor everything the msp is new grounds for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                      sure as hell, I remeber that.
                      that's why you should be sure of what you are doing to your car and suck it up if something blows.
                      Or at the very least don't publicly post "if I blow it up I'll just take everything off, bring it to the dealer and say 'it broke for some reason'".
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

No, I never owned a Subi. I was joking with that comment about taking it back to the dealer. If it blows, it gives me a reason to build the motor right. That's why I have 2 cars to begin with. Well, my MSP and an '84 GMC. I will start with the 35 shot and keep a close eye on the A/F to make sure nothing is wrong. I will probably strap it on the dyno as well to get some dyno numbers as well as A/F maps in hand. I talked to one of the techs at the dealership here in Waco, and he said they can go into the computer and adjust the timing curves. I may have him retard the timing to make sure nothing goes awry. I also have a wide-band and A/F gauge, so I can monitor that at all times. I wish the Apex-i SAFC would work on our cars. If it would, I would have that on there in a heartbeat. Well, wish me luck. I'm hoping to get the kit in the next couple of weeks. Sorry for my rambling.

Comment

Working...
                        X