Well boys, I went to the other side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well boys, I went to the other side

After the discussion in the forced induction thread about a turbo for th 2nd gen, I decided that it was no longer going to be cost effective, or worth my time to make the protege to go fast. I had gear whine, and I really didn't feel like replacing the transmission with the G series. About two months ago I began a hunt. A hunt for someone to trade my car to, for something fast, Rear wheel or all wheel, and of course something with a mantran. roughly a week ago, I came across an ad for a really great car, at a relatively low price. I called up the owner, and found out that the reason he was selling it was because I just had a child, and needed something with more than two seats. we met, and took a look at each other cars. Now I'm not sure if this guy knew how much his car was worth, but it is in perfect condition. yes, there are some quirks, some of the leather was worn of the sterring wheel, and some other interior wear, but other than that, in perfect cosmetic and mechanical conditon. Today we made the trasaction complete, and I drove home in My brand shiny new black Nissan 300ZX N/A. And let me tell you I am immensly happy with it.

lucky bastard! what year?

Comment

You "looked at each others cars" and "he didn't know how much his car was worth?" Please tell me you didn't just trade straight across... you have no idea how pissed I'd be that I didn't get a deal like that!

Comment

So, I guess you are no longer in the group-buy?
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

mutha$%( I want one so bad. Thats just a tad but faster then a protege
          My OLD Car

Comment

Yes The trade was straight across, it's a 1990. and no, sorry, I'm not going to buy the grille. the money I set aside for that just went into my oil change and fluid flush fund.

191000kms never winter driven (now I need to get a beater for the winter cause I don't want to screw up the car (as if we had a winter in nanaimo)) needs washing.

Comment

Damn that's a good trade, I have to say your frigin lucky ... But ummm did you do a carfax check or some type of Vin number check.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeah, the only quirk was that the car was at one point stolen, the stereo ripped out, it was abandoned and then recovered 12 hours later. that was 5 years ago.
                the stereo was replaced by an alpine one, oddly enough the same model as the one in my protege.

Comment

Come on...."the other side"?

That would be a Camaro/Mustang

300z...good choice

Comment

Working...
                  X