P5 dyno run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P5 dyno run

Thought I'd pass along some P5 NA numbers that will be improved upon shortly. The car has 4500 miles on the clock.

Ran a dyno check yesterday on my P5--Injen CIA, MagnaFlow CB--and came up with 104 WHP, 114 lbs/ft of torque. Crossover for the two was 5200 rpm. Three pulls came on a DynoJet chassis dyno at MAC Sport in Parker, Colorado. Great guys, BTW!

One thing that stood out--the engine went rich on all pulls in 3rd gear at about 3800, from a reading of around 14.2-3 to 12+. ECU is the problem. Doing some checking, I found that the MP3 chip should cure the problem. This means a leaner, more perfect mixture at higher revs (want to hit 14.1:1 or as close as possible throuhout the range to 6500). Problem is, find the chip. Dealers don't stock 'em.

Have an EssentialSPEED overbored TB and shorty bundle of snakes tuned header ordered, and am looking at a pair of MazdaSpeed cams--unless I decide to get the intake only and switch the stock P5 intake to the exhaust side. Some issues apparently have come up with j-spec exhaust/intake combo--lumpy idle, possible emissions problems, etc., although one of our clan says the pair are excellent performers.

I'll pull a dyno run after each mod is installed and keep you all up to date on numbers. You might find them valuable.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic $$$

good run, yes please keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino

Ran a dyno check yesterday on my P5--Injen CIA, MagnaFlow CB--and came up with 104 WHP, 114 lbs/ft of torque. Crossover for the two was 5200 rpm. Three pulls came on a DynoJet chassis dyno at MAC Sport in Parker, Colorado. Great guys, BTW!

The mathematical equation for horsepower is hp = torque x rpm / 5252. Since 5252 is a constant we can say that hp = torque x rpm. Therefore, the crossover will ALWAYS be at 5252. If you see a dyno plot where it's not, then call it bull****, because it is.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        The mathematical equation for horsepower is hp = torque x rpm / 5252. Since 5252 is a constant we can say that hp = torque x rpm. Therefore, the crossover will ALWAYS be at 5252. If you see a dyno plot where it's not, then call it bull****, because it is.
        thanks jesse...I learn new stuff from you all the time....[searches for old dyno sheet posts that I questioned]

Comment

You are correct, sir. Forgot to mention that 5200's a constant. BTW, quoted figures aren't "smoothed" and run conditions were: 66.6 degrees, 22% humidity. Max HP at 5700, twist at 3700.

Comment

i LOVE my cams...i'm looking into getting some custom cams made. luckily for me, we have no emission tests in rural georgia. good luck! once i get my header on i'm gonna try to find a dyno and see what i'm putting out.
            -Chris
            2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

If you only have 104 hp and 114 torque at the wheels with an intake and catback .....then what does a bone stock protege have?
              '03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES
              -Window Tint
              -MS Sport Exhaust

Comment

hehe, I learned that from reading the maximum boost book ...

anyhow, I would love to dyno my protege. I need to find somewhere in new york that does dyno's.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by ProtegeDriva
                  If you only have 104 hp and 114 torque at the wheels with an intake and catback .....then what does a bone stock protege have?
                  maybe 102hp and 107tq
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

damn that dude is an ass but he teaches me sompin new ever day so hes cool wit me.

kiddin jesse
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by ProtegeDriva
                      Less.

Comment

man, I don't even wanna think about what my 1.6 auto has....
                        My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by dahotprotege
                          man, I don't even wanna think about what my 1.6 auto has....
                          about 85

Comment

yeah.. i've seen **** from 94 to 105 whp stock for a 2.0L.
                            apparently, it doesn't seem to be the case in this situation, though...
                            I wanna dyno mine bone stock and then try again after a few mods..... but $80 a dyno, that's discouraging.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                            RB springs
                            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

everyone there would probably laugh at you too.
                              My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                              X