wont run (overboost buzzer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont run (overboost buzzer)

Hi I was wondering if any one can help me put new engine in my 1992 mazda gtr was going all good then all of a sudden the overboost buzzer come on and boost light and car died was driving fine befor hand now when i try to turn it on the light and buzzer come on as soon as it fires up will run for a sec then die has any one got any ideas

Aside from the buzzer, it sounds like fuel pump. you're gonna have to do some diagnostics. Check fuel spark and air and all that...
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Is your wastegate solenoid still connected? I would take a resistance test over it. I don't remember the spec but you should get between 50-150ohms
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
      -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
      -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

ok its got spark got fuel im going to swap vaf and waste gate solenoid and see what happens thanks for your help

Comment

fixed problem air flow meter paddle was stuck open replaced now its allgood thanks for help

Comment

nice job!
            -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
            -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
            -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Working...
            X