Interchangable parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchangable parts

OK, I was in a JY today and saw a 93 DX that had a hood that was primer and was perfect. Apparenlt the owner was going to point the car, then the engine died on him/her so they ditched it to a JY.

Anyways I bought the hood for my 323, as I wanted to mold the hood vents into it, and put the E36 headlights like in Will sig pic.

When I got it home, I tried a test fit and it would NOT bolt up to the existing hinges. Apparently the 323 hood is slightly narrower. Anyone with a 323, beware. Mine is a 93 323, and the DX was a 93 so I thought for sure it would fit.

Tommrow I am going back to get the hood hinges off the car, and they will be the correct width. I only pray that the DX hood hinges bolt up and will allow the hood to fit.

Even the fender edges were a bit narrow, but I think I can make it fit. If not I got some LX fenders sitting around somewhere that I can use.

Anyone heard of this?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

I thought 90-93 protege had a different front end than the 94 proteges and the 90-94 323s.. If you wre going to grab a hood wouldnt you want it from a 94 ? Am I correct ?
    00 dakota 4x4
    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

yes. the 323 has the "slant" hood

for hood vents check out www.240sx.com.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

yeah I am planning to get the 93 hood and grille so I can use the E36 BMW headlamps like the pic in Will's sig.

But that hood wont fit the 323 fenders or hood hinges. I have to get the DX protege ones I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          for hood vents check out www.240sx.com.
          dead link bro
          00 dakota 4x4
          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

well ****.. the site folded.... meh... good luck making a vent them

*cackels in realization that he will have a toltal one-off hood*

So his engine he goosed

Comment

but if anyone wants to know how to cut a vent in their hood just PM me...

So his engine he goosed

Comment

the fender aint interchangeable either... i learned that from experience.

Comment

since we are talking about interchangeable parts here might as well as y'all this.....

is the sedan dx,lx front disc brakes bigger than the 323? ( 1st gen) can i just swap the disc ( rotor) and still use the 323 caliper?

the rear sway bar for sedan. is it bigger than the 323? if so, will it fit the 323?

the rear upper strut tower bar for mx-3. will it fit the 323?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

o yeah does any of u guys know the spec on a honda civic hx rims? i know its 14" but is it really by 5" or 5.5"...i know its off the topic but i need to get the f*ck out of this place (work) my computer at home shut down on me. thx! peace........

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    yeah I am planning to get the 93 hood and grille so I can use the E36 BMW headlamps like the pic in Will's sig.

But that hood wont fit the 323 fenders or hood hinges. I have to get the DX protege ones I guess...
                    The hood will be the same on a DX as it is on a LX. Their are no body differences between the DX and LX proeges except for body colored mirrors and door handles. The 323 has the same front end look as a 94 protege, but as you said it may be a bit narrower. I was at the junkyard yesterday and just happened to look at the hoods on a 323 vs. a protege. They are totally different. The 323 has a "crease" running along the top of the hood, this is not present on the proteges. Other than that, they visually look the same.

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                    is the sedan dx,lx front disc brakes bigger than the 323? ( 1st gen) can i just swap the disc ( rotor) and still use the 323 caliper?
                    I THINK the 323 is basically a DX protege, if thats true then the rotors and calipers are smaller than those found on the LX. The LX has bigger rotors and different calipers than the DX.

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                    the rear upper strut tower bar for mx-3. will it fit the 323?
                    Im almost positive that both the front and rear upper strut bars are interchangeable between the MX3 and protege/323.
                    Last edited by Marc93lx; 02-19-2004, 06:55 PM.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

damn. I was hoping to gather up an LX front, primer it, put hood vents like the GTR and make my 323 pretty. Guess that idea just got shot in the face.

Comment

even if I went with DX/LX hood hinges, fenders, and hood would they in theory fit?

I know they are close, and the problem is that most of the jy that I have been to, no one has good 323 front end parts. I look and look, and it seems like all the 323s I see have been shamshed in front some way or another.

Comment

Im not sure exactly what the differences are between the hoods. The front part obviously is the same because you can interchange the grill headlights with the proteges. The fenders look the same visually, but 1ofdfew323 said they don't fit. Did you get the hinges yet, maybee thats the only difference? I almost took the hood off of the 323 to see if it would fit on a protege just for the hell of it (that was even before I saw this post lol) but I didn't. Im thinking about converting to the 94 front end to get the GTX look. But, like I said, I don't know that it wont fit up to your 323. The only difference I saw was the "crease" at the top of the hood and I only did a visual comparison, but because they looked different I determined it wont fit.
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

going to get the hinges today if I get the chance. Nice jy I found dude only charged me 60 bux for a perfect condition hood that was primered.

Comment

uhhmm......dude you coulda' got a brand new one aftermarket for a little bit more than the one you payed for that doesn't fit.....

Comment

Working...
                              X