No start situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start situation

So after replacing my CV axle, I noticed the engine would be overheating something awful. Put on a new radiator cap cause it was kinda rusted which was irksome. After adding new water in, seemed to stay at temp fine for a few minutes and then shut it off. Next morning, no start. I'm getting fuel, gas, and air. But it's not starting up or even sounding like it's trying. I am getting a kind of fuel smell in the air after a bit, which I attribute to trying to start one too many times. But when I was looking under the hood in the daylight and not in a rush to get to work, I saw this:

What is your idea of the problem and is it even worth my time anymore to mess with this thing and just sell it for what I can?

take out the spark plugs and check for coolant on the plugs

Comment

Well maybe you should do the basics like check for spark?What do the plugs look like?(plugs can tell you a lot,i check'em often)

Comment

you have a coolant leak and when you added a new cap ( better seal and higher pressure ) it blew out whatever was leaking in the first place. take the cap off and dry it off/replace it. then find your coolant leak

Comment

I'm fixated on that loose screw on the dizzy cap, and the splatter all over the place. To say your car has issues would be an understatement.

Comment

Working...
          X