Cork sport steelbraded clutch line

17 inch Enkei wheels
205/40/zr17 tires

(Suspension)
Eibach ground control coil overs
Tokico ILLUMINA 5 way adjustable struts
New half shafts
New Inner and outter Tie rods

That was the listing. I traded a truck I paid $300 for for this thing and boy am i happy. A few probs but cars rust free and hell of a lot of potential. Its throwing some codes. These codes i were told are due to the lack of the PROBINATOR chip being installed. But i check the codes by jumping the plugs and got these:
-16 EGR function sensor
-25 pressure regulator control solenoid
-26 purge control solenoid valve
-29 egr vent solenoid valve

the meaning of the codes i got off line and dont actually know if theyre correct. but open to insight and information. Seems a common theme among the four codes... Anything that i should check? How to check it? Anyone ever use a Probinator chip? Does it seem it could be the issue after the motor work was done that it now needs the chip to make it run correct?
It will start fine and drive fine mostly. After driving when you come to a stop itll sometimes drop idle to around 300rpm then die if dont throttle. And if throttle hard when driving, itll fall on its face. So im assuming theres an air/fuel issue but without knowledge of this car, the klze parts, or this chip idk what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Selling car to my sister if can work the problems out so if i can fix with or without chip or if chips a bad idea or something just let me know.

Thanks!
Dale

Mazda_Powered
09-18-2011, 10:25 PM
and you didn't post any pictures...tisk tisk...

Well I would start out by testing a few of the solenoids that have thrown codes to make sure they work and that the vac lines are hooked up properly...as 99% of the time they're not lol.

dailordasailor
09-18-2011, 10:41 PM
but im not sure where these said things are lol. and i definately dont know the routing of how the vac lines should be... Any more visual or vivid descriptions would be very apreciated...
and for your pic needs:) hoping to sell this coming sunday so very thankful for any help
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Gforcefd/626/?albumview=slideshow

Mazda_Powered
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
SO SEXY!!!! That's the spoiler I've wanted ever since I started liking 626s...and the fact that it's white really makes it pop...I say run the 95+ ES 15" wheels and black-out the headlights and maybe some side skirts... and leave it...perfect the way she is lol...

pressure reg solenoid would be off the fuel pressure regulator...and the others are EGR related. Since the ZE is EGR-less those codes seem normal now that I think about it...so the probinatorchip should fix those as well as tune your VRIS points.

dailordasailor
09-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Would it be on the end of the fuel rail? Front or back head? My only experience is on i4's which is alot easier lol. So guess it'll be worth having the chip sodered in then. And I'm going to jy Saturday to find 15" wheels so I can keep the konig rims for my tiburon plus sister needs all season tires not low pro directionals...

crazycanadian
09-18-2011, 11:33 PM
KLZE heads
KLZE cams
KLZE Intake

These codes i were told are due to the lack of the PROBINATOR chip being installed. But i check the codes by jumping the plugs and got these:
-16 EGR function sensor
-25 pressure regulator control solenoid
-26 purge control solenoid valve
-29 egr vent solenoid valve

Congrats on the car... Sounds like a lot of fun... KLZE's never had EGR valves... The codes you have all relate to the EGR system and it looks like code 26 is for your charcoal canister purge valve... Most likely all your EGR related stuff has been removed.. So the only way to get rid of thoughs codes will be to get the probinator chip.. Your purge solenoid might not be hooked up...

dailordasailor
09-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Would purge solenoid not need to be hooked up do to klz crap or what? (excuse any stupid questions) just hoping to knock out everything this week so have a go get them attitude this weekend

crazycanadian
09-19-2011, 03:59 AM
The purge solenoid is for emissions... It wont affect how the car runs... fuel vapors from your gas tank get collected in your charcoal canister.. the purge solenoid controls how the motor burns the fuel vapors..

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 01:48 AM
dropping off ecu at comp shop to have probinator soldered in if i can figure out this problem. Where does it go? Two, maybe 3, similar chips on the upper board. Going off of this link: http://www.performanceprobe.com/index2.php i have a idea but thats a different ecu and want to be sure its the same... Couldnt find a how to with a kl85 ecu. Any help appreciated

Mazda_Powered
09-20-2011, 10:14 AM
not all ECUs are able to be chipped iirc, not sure what to really look for though sorry :(

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
found link with mention of that... have to look at mine today and make sure. kind of boned if not lol

Turpro
09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
I have a kl01 ecu that can be chipped. If you ned it make me an offer

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
that plug and play for a 95 626? and i will know when make it back to my dorm in a couple hours. fingers crossed that its good to go so can get car running this weekend

monoxidechild
09-20-2011, 10:47 AM
be careful buying a ecu as the 95's are very specific for ecu's. dont buy another ecu unless its from another mtx 95.

great car at a WAY good price.

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
damn lol... so all fingers are crossed my existing ecu is good to chip. want to feel this thing let loose. falls on face if hit the gas hard now

monoxidechild
09-20-2011, 11:16 AM
those codes wouldnt cause a power loss like that. your looking at other issues. im betting your timing is off.

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh, well great... Read somewhere that the chip would fix the driveability issues because changes air/fuel ratio... God I hope so

monoxidechild
09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
it will def run better then it would on the american spec ecu on ZE engine. but even without the chip, and on the stock ecu, you should still have a 14 sec car in your hands. the car will still run just fine and have ALOT of power on the original ecu.

since your saying you have no top end. that says something else is definitely wrong. the ZE pull even harder top end. if you have no top end, thats a pretty basic sign that your engine probably skipped timing.

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Well here's the deal, try to floor it from a dig and it'll bog almost always. Shift to second an pin it it'll bog as well. If slowly go through the gears it's problem free. Then after go to idle after driving hard it struggles to catch itself and drops to 300rpms or dies completely... Timing?

dailordasailor
09-20-2011, 07:37 PM
The chip from factory started with a 3xxxx and I read a 16xxx or 2xxx meant something but nothing about a 3... So it's getting soldered now and see what happens when put in car I guess

Mazda_Powered
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Definitely sounds like your ignition timing is off...any issues with cold starts or running it cold?

dailordasailor
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
starts just fine and if dont touch the gas itll idle fine to... i cant time so ill have to have a shop do it. is there a "degree" i should have it set to? or do i tell the shop to "make it run right" lol

Mazda_Powered
09-21-2011, 11:10 AM
10 degrees, vehicle has to be in diagnostics mode to set any base settings. Same procedure as the BP

monoxidechild
09-21-2011, 11:17 AM
im talking the timingbelt timing. it sounds like you skipped a tooth. it will still run and idle like normal. and all you need to do is remove the plastic timing covers, and make sure the lines on the pulleys are lined up with the marks on the engine. thats it.

dailordasailor
09-21-2011, 11:19 AM
havnt gotten the bp running yet so havnt screwed with the timing at either lol. but how do i put in diagnostic mode? i can snag a timing light to check if i read in a Haynes how to do so. I've never touched timing on anything and actually scares me some lol

dailordasailor
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
ive seen marks on my bp, so on this it literally needs to just lign up? any way to get pic of said marks from anyone?

Mazda_Powered
09-21-2011, 11:12 PM
there won't be any write ups on here for that really...you'll have to search MX6.com for the write up. It's like the BP just not as easy to see the crank pulley.

dailordasailor
09-21-2011, 11:23 PM
borrowing a timing light this weekend hopefully and seeing how it goes. from what im told its use the timing lite and adjust via the distributor? works for me if that easy

Mazda_Powered
09-22-2011, 09:57 AM
yeppers, as long as you know how to properly operate the gun and inspect timing it won't be much of a task...just wedging the timing gun in there can be fun...

dailordasailor
09-22-2011, 11:36 PM
find out if i do or not this weekend lol

dailordasailor
09-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Probinator chip installed. I tried the chip and rotated 180* to See if mattered. One way the car acted like there was no ecu. The other way it'll turn over, go from 0rpms to 1000rpms twice and shut off. Won't actually run. Hit gas it dosnt even attempt to run to 1000rpms twice... I'm at a loss truly. Need car running. I mangled the original chip removing it so I can't even check if the probinator is problem... My original part number on the stock chip was 079753-3091. Dont know if that is one that cant be chipped? If my comps fried? Do I need to buy another probinator chip? Any help is amazing! At a Loss of ideas

Mazda_Powered
09-28-2011, 08:01 PM
not sure how to tell which can take the chip or not, best to search mx-3.com or MX6.com

MazdaNoob
09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
common KL issues . bad disty , bad crank sensor, maf usually in that order

Mazda_Powered
09-28-2011, 08:51 PM
yep or coolant temp sensor...EGR...o2 sensor...megasquirt *cough cough* lol

crazycanadian
09-28-2011, 09:25 PM
IF it ran before and all you changed was the chip.. then its something to do with the chip and ecu...

Mazda_Powered
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
oh sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest that his current chip issue was one of the following, just helping Graham poking fun at the KL engine management lol.

Definitely a chip issue since that was the last thing you had out.