Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck on decisions! Please help club pro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on decisions! Please help club pro!

Well, first off im a new member! I've had my 93 pro for about a year now, and i thought i was stuck with an un-tunable car. ya see, i reck my 99 z24, and since i was car-less and broke, my sister gave me her pro for free! it was cool, and it was wheels. anywho, a year later and im stuck with one descision. keep the pro and mod it by engine swap (cause i need more power), or get a new car. well, i don't have alot of money, and i don't really want another loan. soo, what should i do? P.S. Thanks to all of you, i just found out about how much i can mod my car. its like a whole new pair of boxers or something.
    i hate being broke!

im sure youll get all the information you need here, bye the way welcome to the club,

hmmm, midwest, where?
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

What trim is it? Stick or auto? The lx 5 speed pros have all the power options you can handle in a fwd. And also the dx 5speeds that wanna convert to a bp dohc

Comment

many options.
        most go 1.8 DOHC BPT
        you can drop a K series v6 in there (1.8L piece of **** up to the popular 2.5L (good N/A engine with loads of torque)

BPT is the cheapest and quickest way to get some power to the ground.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

cool guys, and thanks for the advice! im north of peoria il, if ya know where thats at. anyways, i was almost thinking of the KL-ZE swap, but i don't know of pricing and availability. the BPT swap almost seems more reasonable, and more worth turbocharging. i have a 5 speed DX, so there's not much to work with. i almost have to upgrade! how easy is the BPT to come by, and is it a hard swap?
          i hate being broke!

Comment

For a KL-ZE swap, you will basically need the front end of a V-6 MX-3 due to the fact that you will need certain parts. Not really sure on pricing for it. As far as a BPT swap, there are 2 options:

GTX= 1.8 DOHC Turbo motor = 185hp version = Bolts in = Fairly common
            GTR= 1.8 DOHC Turbo motor = 210hp version = Bolts in = RARE

Both are basically the same as the normal 1.8 DOHC motor found here in the US, but those are turbo. The GTR does have some differences when it comes to internals however.
            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
            MODS:
            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
            TO DO LIST:
            EDM/JDM rear bumper
            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
            Repaint car

Comment

Both are basically the same as the normal 1.8 DOHC motor found here in the US, but those are turbo. The GTR does have some differences when it comes to internals however.
              Yah, like blown head gaskets.
              James G.
              sobe83@yahoo.com
              AIM: DVS 323BPT
              MySpace
              Cardomain
              <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

which one do you have limp?
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

X, soon I'll say bye to the vj20 though
                  James G.
                  sobe83@yahoo.com
                  AIM: DVS 323BPT
                  MySpace
                  Cardomain
                  <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

I got the GTR back this morning from my mechanic. Freakin 9 quarts of oil in the crankcase!!!!! Damn Jiffy Lube messed up big time....
                    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                    MODS:
                    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                    TO DO LIST:
                    EDM/JDM rear bumper
                    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                    Repaint car

Comment

nice, looks like they filled it up without draining it...lol

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

and by the way limp, im just a dumbass cause i can see the gtx in your name....excuse me for the slowness....its friday.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

well, if i decided to go with the gtx motor, how easily could i get it and what do i need for the swap? i imagine the ecu, tranny, wiring harness(which ones), and of course the engine. how rare is the gtr motor? i hear this all the time. would it be easier for a KL-swap? BTW, thanks for all the input!
                          i hate being broke!

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                            well, if i decided to go with the gtx motor, how easily could i get it and what do i need for the swap? i imagine the ecu, tranny, wiring harness(which ones), and of course the engine. how rare is the gtr motor? i hear this all the time. would it be easier for a KL-swap? BTW, thanks for all the input!

Do a search

Comment

look at this thread

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X