Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazda 323 wheel size - Whatl size is everyone running ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 323 wheel size - Whatl size is everyone running ???

How large should I go with my 86 Mazda 323 ?
    I was looking at going 17x7 but need some advice.
    What wheel size is everyone running comfortably?
    Please tell us your wheel size, tell us how it drives, and why you chose that.
    Also, what tires and sizes do people prefer as well?
    Last edited by sprint45; 10-15-2011, 05:23 AM.

OZ Racing 16x6.5" +45 offset, running them because... well, they came with the car when I bought it.

I'd never go any bigger than 16" personally, as anything larger would seem to big. Wouldn't mind a set that is slightly wider to help remain flush with the fenders, but I'm happy with how it sits currently.

Comment

15 X 7", 3-piece SSRs, because lighter is better.

Comment

16x8 with a +20 offset. About as big as I would go without camber and serious fender pulling.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

15's the best size,16's the biggest size..02cts.
          I'm using the stock 14'' mazda rims wrapped with 185 60 yokahama avs es100's.Looks boring, works great.

Comment

17x7's will work with the right offset but they do raise the car so either drop springs or coilovers are called for to bring it back down. 205/40 rubber will likely be it though. Not the best choice unless all you want is a look. Stay 15's with a 195/50 series or 16's with a 205/45 at the biggest.

Comment

I guess my safest option would be to go with a 16x7 wheel.
              I did all the math and I figure 205/40R16 is almost the same size as 185/60R14.
              Does this sound correct to everyone? I'm basically building it to cruise around.
              I will have a different set of tires for the track and for the strip.

Comment

Hi Sprint45,

As usual I am very very late on the crime scene. By now you are probably on your second set of tyres already....lol!

the diameter for the 185/60/14 works out 577.6mm (22.74 inches) and the diameter for 205/40/16 work out at 570mm (22.44inches).

I know, the info is pointless by now, but i figured I'll post it anyway.

Regards
                Adin
                mazda stands by you

Comment

Mr N4SA,

I appreciate any info I receive regarding this subject.
                  I too have calculated the total tire size down to the mm.
                  It's nice to know that my calculations are correct.
                  I have not purchased any tires yet as I am still searching for the proper wheels, so your info is good.
                  Thanks again!

Comment

You are more then welcome man.

Either we both correct or we both wrong........lol!
                    I am running a factory 15" wheel on my car with 195/50/15. Obviously the offset is designed for the car, but I have no issues regarding tyres rubbing, etc.

The Charcoal car as my Profile Pic came std with 165/80/13 tires and I fitted 205/40/17, and even between them the diameters are close. The 17" worked well, without any wheelspacers (don't know the offset), I just realised that they were heavy on tires and wheelbearings.

Cheers
                    mazda stands by you

Comment

ive got enkei rpf1s 16x7 and offset is 35p very flush with the gaurds and got 205/45/16 tyres on them

etude ftw!

Comment

17 x 7 35mm offset
                        My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Originally posted by michael0008 View Post
                          ive got enkei rpf1s 16x7 and offset is 35p very flush with the gaurds and got 205/45/16 tyres on them
                          I doubt I would be the only person who would love to see a pic of these wheels on your car. Do share a pic with us.

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
                            I doubt I would be the only person who would love to see a pic of these wheels on your car. Do share a pic with us.
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...bf-Etude/page8

there you go btw more pics on next page need some better pics but should have a good update in a few weeks and need to update it a bit ,looks good with all new nolathane bushes for everything/whiteline swaybar and painting is in progress atm along with other things
                            Last edited by michael0008; 02-07-2012, 10:48 PM.

etude ftw!

Comment

Has anyone tried the 15" OZ racing wheels from a Mitsubishi Lancer OZ rally edition?
                              I am not sure of the offset but the bolt pattern is the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X