Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF / BG GTX 1/4 Mile Times...Post yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF / BG GTX 1/4 Mile Times...Post yours?

Just curious what quarter mile times everyone is putting down with there BF or BG gtx. I usually avoid trying to cut anything below a 2.0 60' for fear of grenading my gearbox.

Last time I ran I put down a 14.2 at roughly 103mph stock motor and trans with some other work. I think I cut a 2.0 60' on bigish wheels. How's everyone else doing for times?

Any videos or slips would also be really cool. I plan on getting some of my car before winter.

Post up please! Thanks!!
    1988 323 GTX

My car ran a 14.0, but that was with the previous owner. He is on here, so you would have to ask him what the 60' times were, cause I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdarx View Post
      My car ran a 14.0, but that was with the previous owner. He is on here, so you would have to ask him what the 60' times were, cause I don't know.
      Hey steve with your car my best 1/4 mile was a 14.0.. I ran pretty consistent 14.1 - 14.3's with high 1.8's to low 1.9 60's... usually around the mid 90mph range..

Comment

I've been meaning to ask, how hard were you launching it to get those kind of times?

Comment

Hard... Thats probably why the last time I broke the transmission I stripped the final drive gear...

6500 - 7000 rpm... With the center diff locked... Not side stepping the clutch but a quick slip.... Car was pretty much instantly at full boost...

If the clutch holds and you launch hard like that it'll hit mid 13's now that it has the VJ11 and a better intercooler pipe set up... With the VJ14 it nosed off before you hit the rev limiter... With the VJ11 I noticed it pulled to the limiter with out a problem now...

Comment

Ha ha yeah that would do it. I would be afraid to launch it that hard as I don't want to break anything. I'd like to try it at mission anyway though. But first I have to figure out why it wont boost more than 8 psi.

Comment

I did a 14.5 before I knew how weak the gearboxes were, launch at 6500rpm 60' 2.0 sec exit speed 145 Km/h alt 5520feet temp high 90's. engine stock just a 2.25" exhaust from the down pipe back and flat K&N filter.
              My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Working...
              X