• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Question

Is it possible to make the 97-98 J-Spec headlights
    fit a 96 model? If so, how hard would it be, or would
    it be easy?
    Mike A.

Its possible, but you would need need many other things from 97-98; fenders, fenders's liners, front bumper, corners, and front grill. But if you were to just place the headlights, the gaps might look not too pleasing.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

sorry for stilling you post but i have a headlight Question too. how hard would it be to put a civic headlights on protege or any other car that has project light on ebay for sale? what fanders would fit our car. someone said the front bumper of a civic would fit with some castom work so if i get the bumper to fit and the lights i could even fit the fenders and if i have to i change the hood too.

Comment

butwhy would you wanna go with a civic look!? lol. j/k
        Mike A.

Comment

Actually, the Civic bumper could fit with some mods, but only certain years, either 92-95, or 96-00. As for the Civic headlamps its going to be costly. I did however see once an entire Civic front end on 2nd gen Protege, but that was a while back.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

how much modification has to b done tho

Comment

i wounldnt mind havin a blitz kit on my protege

Comment

i know this doesnt have anything to do
                with this post but... dipset... im not trying
                to bash your car or anything but you should maybe
                think about losing that wing of yours and lowering the car.

my 2 cents...
                Mike A.

Comment

well the wing aint going...and 2 i already have the springs waitin for summer to come around tho...need to put on my springs door poppers and z3 fenders remove all handles mad work left and o yea...paintjob

Comment

just so you know you don't need a new bumper if you do the swap the 98 head lights... and you might be able to keep the fender liners also
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by dipsetpimp713
                      well the wing aint going...and 2 i already have the springs waitin for summer to come around tho...need to put on my springs door poppers and z3 fenders remove all handles mad work left and o yea...paintjob
                      I could care less if you keep it or not, its not my ride. but i do have a question.

do you notice any better handling or whatnot with that wing? I'm noticing more and more people putting that on their car. I would think you get more drag with it, thus slowing down your ride.
                      Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                      FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

there is a guy with the mazda speed wing on his and is taking it off when he does quarters to reduce drag... i think wings are mostly a look item.. which there is nothing wrong wiht as long as you admit that is what it is
                        In the Garage
                        Black 93 MX-3 GS
                        Bp powered
                        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

hey turbo, are there moldings underneath the 97-8 headlights between the bumper and the lights like on the 95-6? just wondering what the complete list is so I can start a list of what to get since im tired of these damn plastic things.

Comment

moldings? no i haven't seen any moldings between the headlight and the bumper. so i would say no. unless we have differnent concepts of moldings.

headlight bolts str8 to the frame and the bumper under it. nothing in between.

Originally posted by asylum24
                            hey turbo, are there moldings underneath the 97-8 headlights between the bumper and the lights like on the 95-6? just wondering what the complete list is so I can start a list of what to get since im tired of these damn plastic things.
                            Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                            FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Headlights, grill, fenders, corners...that should be it. They both use the same hood.
                              You dont even need the 97/8 bumper...remeberm ive had BOTH bumpers on my car before

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Working...
                              X