Help With CF Hood Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With CF Hood Vents

I need to make some sort of covers for the vents in my evo hood. Now they need to be easily to remove and install. I would just put something permanent under there but I think the hood is going to do alot of good when the turbo goes in. I figured I would make some covers out of plexiglass, but I am kind of lost as to how to make the grilles. Need some suggestions. Right now I am rocking the ghetto wrigged cling wrap held on by duct tape......had to do something quick tonight since it is going to rain tomorrow.

Wings west makes the plexi to go under the vents now. They just screw right on and off.
    [

Comment

Well I have tried to contact them in the past and they will not sell them individually.

Comment

They have them listed on their website now as something you can buy for your hood. Part number 202007.http://wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=1925
        [

Comment

But they won't sell them without a hood. Because I have contacted a couple of different WW dealers about it as well.

Comment

Well I don't know. It seams like they would want the business you know. I guess the only other option is to make them yourself. They do sell colored plexi. That would look kinda cool too.
            [

Comment

Originally posted by customprotege
              I guess the only other option is to make them yourself.
              Which brings me back to the original question.

Comment

Don't get snippy with me. I was just trying to help. No one else was replying.
                [

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you're asking... you just want something to put under the vents so the rain won't get in? Why do you need to make grilles yourself? Wouldn't you just cover the holes underneath the grilles that are already there? It seems like you could just cut the plexiglass to the right size and screw it in, and then take it out again when you need the air flow.

Comment

just go to home depot and find some plexiglass and have them cut it for you.
                    My OLD Car

Comment

hey guys are you forgetting something... how will he attach it... with screws? that means drilling holes...Greg, do you feel like drilling a hole through you CF hood?.... what I would do is take some fiberglass resin and fiberglass little sleeves onto the bottom of the hood that way your plexiglass can slide in and out. then fiber glass in a nut at one end of hte plexi and hten screw in the bolt to hold it in place.... dun know how to explain it better but i know what im tryin to say

Comment

well you got me ther. Im brain dead right now
                        My OLD Car

Comment

lol, snippety

rule #1 dont get snippety
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                            hey guys are you forgetting something... how will he attach it... with screws? that means drilling holes...Greg, do you feel like drilling a hole through you CF hood?.... what I would do is take some fiberglass resin and fiberglass little sleeves onto the bottom of the hood that way your plexiglass can slide in and out. then fiber glass in a nut at one end of hte plexi and hten screw in the bolt to hold it in place.... dun know how to explain it better but i know what im tryin to say
                            Finally someone understood what I was asking. That was the method I was considering, I just wanted to see if anybody had any other suggestions. Drilling into the hood is out of the question. And who the hell says snippety?

Comment

i got an idea.....window tracks. not even gonna attempt to explain this but build on this idea.
                              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X