Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a ram air or cold air intake that will fit my 95 1.8L pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a ram air or cold air intake that will fit my 95 1.8L pro?

hey all

does anyone out there know of a ram air intake or a cold air intake(maybe a civic or something) that will fit in a 95 1.8L?? I was told by someone that a civic ram air would fit with a little modification but im not sure how reliable that person was.....

any info would be greatly appreciated....

peace
    JJ

look in a civic engine at their FULL cold intakes and you will have your answer.
    But www.essentialspeed.com has a full cold air intake for the 1.8 and it will work on the 1.5 also.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yes, there is a bunch of intakes from other cars that you can make work. But currently there is one made specifically for your car. Its made by www.essentialspeed.com . Its not posted on their site yet, but you can give them a call and get one.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Bruce, damn it, you beat me to this one.

Comment

eh? ES' 1.8 cold air fits a 1.5? how sthat work i thought the trottle body was different sizes

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            eh? ES' 1.8 cold air fits a 1.5? how sthat work i thought the trottle body was different sizes
            Its really not that big of a deal, because you are clamping the pipe to the throttle body with a rubber boot. As long as the boot stays on clamped, you are OK.

Comment

Actually, EssentialSPEED has a seperate CAI for both the 1.5 and 1.8 and even difference ones for the auto and 5spd. Some of the differences for the motors for a CAI inclue the intake mani/tb but, also, the distributor cap. Though close, there is actually 1" difference. These 2 things are the differences for the CAI for engine size.
              The reason for a seperate CAI for the auot and 5spd is that the auto tranny sits up higher than 5sp, so they need differnt intakes.
              So, there you have it. ES actually has FOUR different intakes for our car. This just shows how SPECIFIC they get when builing parts. Sure, they couldve built one that would fit all, but, this way is better!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i have a custom one i can sell you. all u need is a filter. let me find a pic...
                sigpic

Comment

Send me an email if you like. nickbloem@yahoo.com
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

installed....
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Is that aluminum?¿?

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
                        Is that aluminum?¿?
                        it is alluminized steel
                        sigpic

Comment

Unless im wrong, aluminum=heat conductor???

BTW, my CAI from ES will be for sale shortly as I wont be needing it cause of my turbo...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

it heats quicker than some metals yes. But it also cools faster. With cold air running through the inside at a steady rate it stays cool.
                            sigpic

Comment

alright how much would you guys be willing to let the intakes go for??? yeah im defenitly interested....tired of supid ass ppl in my city talkin **** with stock civics... and saturns! my email is incubusfan1024@hotmail.com and i check it daily soo... yeah.. peace

Comment

Working...
                              X