Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts

Are they worth what corksport charges for em $712 for four??

You can get Tokico Illuminas for less than that ,

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
    Motegi MR12 rims in gold
    Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
    MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
    Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
    P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
      You can get Tokico Illuminas for less than that ,
      for the 1st gen...i think not. Would be nice though.

FYI, the MS struts are more for a showroom stock type racing, rather than full tilt. They'll do fine for semi serious autox too. 2 Friends i race with have them with Eibach coilover springs, they work well, but they can't handle very much more than 200/250# spring rates.

Comment

Only the fronts can't handle more than 250lbs or so. The rears likely could handle quite a bit more, but for a street-driven car, 200lbs and the Quickor 1" bar are much friendlier.

The reason the fronts can't handle stiffer springs is that they raise the compression damping nearly as fast as they raise the rebound, and the combination of stiff springs and high compression damping make the car skittish. And there isn't enough rebound at the lower settings to control stiffer springs.
        David Avard
        '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
        '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
        '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

I have MS struts on my festiva, and holy ****, I wish these could be swapped to my MX3! IMO if you can buy them for 712 for a set, it is definitely worth it. They are awesome struts.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I love em on my 2nd gen ...
            I had em on 3 in the front for 2 days ... not bad, but 2 is a bit more realistic on the street.

accelertion is holly sh!t
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X